The Bose Soundlink Revolve is one of my favorite portable speakers. It produces the best sound quality and has thundering bass that punches above its minimalist design. Like most Bose products, the sound clarity is extraordinary. The battery life is over 13 hours on average listening volume. The best part is that it needs only 4 hours to charge fully.
While the Bose Soundlink Revolve has impressive specs and features, it can sometimes fail to charge. Fortunately, fixing this issue is straightforward.
This guide explains various troubleshooting steps to fix Bose Soundlink Revolve not charging.
- A defective USB cable is one of the most common reasons for a Bose Soundlink Revolve not charging problem. Use a different USB cable to determine if there’s an issue with the first one.
- Your Bose Soundlink Revolve might stop charging because of outdated firmware or software bugs. Check for and install the latest product updates to solve the issue.
- A reset can also help fix a Bose Soundlink Revolve that won’t charge. Simply press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to restore your speaker to factory defaults.
- Your Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker might not charge because of a dead or depleted battery. Connect the speaker to a power outlet for about 15 minutes to boost the battery.
- Lastly, charging issues might arise from a faulty power source. Check if the wall outlet works or connect the charger to a different socket to solve the problem.
There are several reasons why your wireless speaker isn’t charging. These include:
Bose Soundlink Revolve speakers charge using micro-USB cables. These cables have tiny wires that can break when they exceed the bend radius. The only solution to solve this issue is to replace the faulty cable.
Defective Power Outlet
Sometimes your Bose Soundlink Revolve won’t charge because of a defective power outlet. The faulty wall outlet might not supply adequate current because of broken or burnt wires. Check if the connected power outlet works by plugging in a different device.
Your Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker operates using pre-installed firmware. As such, your device might not charge because of outdated firmware.
Here are the steps to install the latest updates:
- Connect your speaker to your PC using a USB cable.
- Go to https://btu.bose.com.
- Download and install the Bose Updater app.
- Launch the Bose Updater app.
- Select your speaker.
- Check for the latest updates.
- Download and install the latest firmware version to update your speaker.
- Verify if your speaker can charge.
Bose Soundlink Revolve Firmware Update
Updating Firmware on Bose Soundlink Revolve (Advanced Update Settings)
Aside from outdated firmware, your speaker might develop software bugs and glitches, causing it not to charge or even impact the sound quality.
The quickest way to solve the problem is to reset your speaker. Even though your Bose Soundlink Revolve does not have a reset button, you can reset it by pressing the power button. A reset will restore the speaker to factory defaults, fixing minor bugs and glitches.
Here’s how to reset a Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker:
- Locate the power button.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button when the speaker goes off.
- Allow the speaker to reboot.
- Check if this solves the problem.
Defective or Incorrect Charger
You can charge your Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker by plugging it into your PC via USB. However, charging via your computer can be painstakingly slow. For this reason, I prefer to use an AC adapter for faster charging times.
If your Bose Soundlink speaker is not charging, check the charger. It might be faulty or not have the ideal current rating. The recommended amperage for Bose Soundlink Revolve speakers is 1.6A/1600mA. Check if your charger has this rating and replace it accordingly.
Improper Charging Cradle Connection
You can purchase a charging cradle for your Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker. This accessory delivers faster charging times. It also ensures your speaker is ready to go whenever you need it, so you don’t have to worry about low battery.
Although the charging cradle is renowned for its efficiency, it could be the source of your speaker’s charging problems. Disconnect and reconnect your speaker to the charging cradle to solve the problem.
The cradle has metal contacts on the bottom. Ensure your speaker sits properly on the metal contacts for appropriate charging. Check the contacts for dirt or corrosion and clean them with isopropyl alcohol. If that doesn’t work, bypass the charging cradle altogether.
Clogged or Dirty Charging Port
Even though the speaker is water and dirt resistant, some particulates might find their way into the charging port, causing it to clog.
The quickest way to solve this problem is to clean the clogged charging port. Use a sharp pin or toothpick to dislodge the debris. You can also use a blower to clean the port and remove particles.
Over-discharged or Dead Battery
Leaving your Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker unused for a long time without charging the battery can cause charging issues.
The quickest way to fix this issue is to connect the speaker to a power outlet for about 15 minutes to boost the battery.
If the battery is still not charging, it might be dead. The only solution is to replace it.
After trying all these tips and nothing seems to work, your speaker could be dead. You can revive it by taking it to a Bose service center or enlisting a professional electrician. Do not open the speaker if you are not a technician since doing so could damage other internal parts and void your warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How to reset Bose Soundlink Revolve?
- Answer: The Bose Soundlink Revolve does not have a reset button. You can reset it by pressing the power button for 10 seconds (hard reset) or the multifunction button for 10 sec (soft reset). Release the button once the LED indicator goes off. Allow the speaker to restart and verify if this step solves the problem. A reset will restore the speaker to factory settings, meaning you must configure it afresh.
- Question: Why is my Bose Revolve Soundlink not working?
- Answer: Your Bose Revolve Soundlink speaker might stop working because of a dead or depleted battery. Connect the speaker to a power outlet for about 15 minutes to boost the battery. If that doesn’t work, reset the Bluetooth speaker by pressing the power button for 10 seconds. Wait for the speaker to restart. If a reset doesn’t solve the problem, replace the battery.
- Question: How do I get my Bose Soundlink to charge?
- Answer: Your Bose Soundlink might not charge because of a discharged battery. Disconnect and reconnect the power cord to the speaker to solve this issue. Allow the battery to charge for 15 minutes before pressing the power button. If the speaker doesn’t charge, consider performing a reset. If that also doesn’t work, replace the charging cable or the battery.
- Question: How do I know if my Bose Revolve is charging?
- Answer: The Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker has an LED indicator that displays the battery status. You can tell if your speaker is charging by observing this status light. When you connect the speaker to a power outlet, the LED indicator will blink until the battery is 100% charged.
- Question: How do I get my Bose Revolve speaker out of battery protection mode?
- Answer: Your Bose speaker will enter protection mode if not connected to a power outlet or used for 24 days. This mode helps preserve battery life when not using your speaker. You can quickly exit protection mode by connecting the speaker to a power outlet. Doing so will activate your wireless speaker.
Dealing with a Bose Soundlink that is not charging can be frustrating, especially if you don’t know the cause of the problem. The good news is that you can swiftly fix it and get your wireless speaker working by following this guide.