JLab has a wide variety of earbud models, each with a unique set of features. The buds are easy to operate and have long-lasting batteries making them a convenient choice for all kinds of users.
For this reason and more, I decided to get the JLab GO AIR POP buds, and they have been working as expected. Apart from a few hiccups of the left earbud disconnecting from the right one, I have not encountered any challenges.
Fellow users of JLab earbuds will find instructions on connecting different JLab buds to source devices below. This is to ensure you also enjoy the service the earbuds provide, as I did, and to help you solve any issues you might encounter during the pairing process.
- Ensure the earbuds are fully charged before pairing them with any device.
- Take the buds out of their charging case to automatically power them on.
- If you leave the earbuds in pairing mode for more than three minutes without connecting them to any device, they will automatically power off.
- You can manually power them on when they are out of the case by pressing and holding the earbud button/touch sensor for three seconds.
- Once powered on, the earbuds will blink white as they connect. Then, one earbud (usually the right earbud) will blink white and blue to show they are in pairing mode.
- Suppose the earbuds were previously connected to a source device; they will automatically reconnect when you power them on, provided the source device’s Bluetooth is enabled and within the Bluetooth range.
- You can disconnect the earbuds from a source device by turning off Bluetooth on the source device. The earbuds will then go into pairing mode and be ready to connect to another device.
- You can reset the earbuds if there are any issues with the pairing process.
- To reset them, ensure the buds are in the case, then press each earbud button four or seven times on some models.
JBuds Air – How to Connect and Troubleshoot Connection Issues
Getting JLab True Wireless Earbuds into Pairing Mode
The first step of connecting JLab true wireless earbuds to each other or a source device is powering the earbuds. Once powered on, the earbuds automatically go into pairing mode, and you can continue the connection process on the source device.
Below is a step-by-step breakdown of how to turn on the earbuds and get them into pairing mode:
- If the earbuds are new, open the case and remove any tabs/stickers to allow the earbuds to connect to the case.
- Put them back into the case, and the LED should blink to show the earbuds are charging.
- Close the case, then open it and take both earbuds out of it simultaneously.
- They will automatically power on, and the LEDs on the earbuds will start blinking to show they are in pairing mode. One earbud’s LED will be blinking white and blue (usually the right earbud) while the other earbud’s LED stays solid white.
Once powered on, the earbuds will both blink white as they pair with each other. Then one earbud (usually the right) will start blinking blue and white to indicate they are in pairing mode.
- Go to the source device you want to be connected to the earbuds and enable Bluetooth connectivity.
- Search for the JLab earbuds. They will be named after the model’s name, e.g., JLab GO Air Pop.
- Once you select the earbuds and connect, you will hear a voice prompt stating, ‘You’re connected.’
- The LEDs on the earbuds will also start blinking white to show they are connected to a device.
JLab True Wireless Earbuds – How to Connect and Troubleshoot Connection Issues
Getting JLab Wireless Earbuds into Pairing Mode
Getting the JLab wireless earbuds into pairing mode is easier than getting the True Wireless ones into pairing mode.
Below are the various steps for getting JLab wireless earbuds into pairing mode.
EPIC ANC/GRAVITY NECKBAND/EPIC SPORT
Assuming the earbuds are adequately charged, power them on by pressing the multifunction button for eight to ten seconds. The LED on the earbuds will start flashing red and blue to show that the earbuds are in pairing mode.
The multifunction button is usually between the volume up and down buttons and is embedded with the JLab logo.
Once the earbuds are in pairing mode, you can continue the pairing process on the source device. The earbuds will appear in the list of available devices under their model’s name. For instance, the Epic ANCs will appear as ‘JLab Epic ANC.’
Once you pair the earbuds to a source device, the buds will play a voice prompt stating ‘You are connected’ to indicate a successful pairing process. The LED on the earbuds will also start flashing blue slowly.
Pairing JLab Wireless Neckband Earbuds
After connecting the buds to a source device, you can hold the multifunction button for two seconds or until you hear a ‘Power off’ or ‘Goodbye’ audio prompt to power them off.
Also, pressing the multifunction button for two seconds or until you hear a ‘Hello’ sound prompt while the earbuds are off will power them on.
Recommended Reading :
Once powered on, the earbuds will automatically reconnect to the last device they were connected to as long as that device’s Bluetooth is turned on and they are within the Bluetooth radius, usually thirty feet or ten meters.
You can force the earbuds into pairing mode by pressing and holding the multifunction button for eight seconds, and the LED will start flashing red and blue.
Other models that follow a similar connecting procedure include:
- FIT SPORT 3
- EPIC SPORT 2
- JBUDS BAND
- JBUDS PRO
You can access your model’s manual online to see what the different buttons on your earbuds do.
Completing the Connection Process
Once the buds are in pairing mode, you can complete the connecting process on the source device. Different devices follow different pairing procedures; therefore, we will only look at a few:
The steps below apply to Windows 11 devices, but you can find instructions for connecting older versions on the Microsoft website.
The steps to connect a Windows 11 device to JLab earbuds are as follows:
- Go to the Taskbar and click on Start.
- Select Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth and select + Add device > Bluetooth.
- Wait as your Windows device scans for available Bluetooth devices. The JLab earbuds should be among these devices.
- Select the earbuds, and they will connect to your device.
- If asked for a PIN, use 0000.
Connecting JLab Earbuds to a Windows 11 Device
The steps below apply to devices using macOS Ventura 13. You can find the necessary Bluetooth connection procedure on the Apple website if you have a different macOS version.
The connection steps are as follows:
- Open the Apple menu and navigate to System Settings > Bluetooth.
- Find the JLab earbuds on the list of available Bluetooth devices and place the cursor on the earbud’s name.
- The earbuds name usually has ‘JLab’ followed by the model’s name, e.g., JLab GO AIR.
- Select Connect, and if prompted for any PIN, use 0000.
- Open Settings > Bluetooth and enable it if it is off.
- Wait as the phone scans for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- The devices will be listed under ‘Other devices.
- Select the buds and connect.
Connecting JLab Wireless Earbuds to an iPhone
- Open Settings > Connected devices > + Pair new device.
- Bluetooth will be enabled, and the device will scan for available devices.
- The earbud’s name will be under available devices, select them, then click OK.
- If prompted for a PIN, use 0000.
Connecting JLab Earbuds to an Android Phone
Connecting the Left and Right JLab Earbuds
Sometimes when using the JLab True Wireless earbuds, the left and right earbuds might disconnect, resulting in audio coming out of only one earbud. You can fix this by resetting the earbuds by following the steps below:
- Forget the earbuds from the source device’s Bluetooth settings.
- Place both earbuds in the charging case.
- Tap the touchpad on each earbud seven or four times (depending on the model and generation), and you will see the LEDs on the earbuds flash blue three or four times, depending on the model. That indicates that they are resetting.
- After ten seconds, take both earbuds out of the case and place them within two inches of each other.
- Wait as they connect and go into pairing mode.
- You will know they are in pairing mode when one earbud’s LED (usually the right earbud) blinks blue and white, and the other is solid white. Both buds should be connected at this point.
- On some models, like the JBuds Air ANC, both buds will blink blue and white to show they are in pairing mode.
Resetting JLab True Wireless Earbuds
The reset procedure differs when it comes to the JBuds Air True Wireless Earbud (first generation) models, as seen below:
- Press and hold the earbud button on each bud for three seconds until you hear a ‘Goodbye‘ audio prompt.
- Once the earbuds are off, press and hold the earbud button on each bud for fifteen seconds until the LEDs go from flashing blue and white to solid white.
- Give both earbuds a few seconds to reconnect. Once they connect, the right earbud will begin flashing blue and white while the left stays solid white.
- This indicates that they are in pairing mode, and the reset is complete.
Pairing the JLab Earbuds to Multiple Devices
Follow the steps below to do this:
- Connect the first device to the earbuds using the standard pairing procedure.
- Then switch off Bluetooth on the device already connected to the earbuds.
- The buds will automatically go into pairing mode.
- Enable Bluetooth on the second device and connect it to the earbuds.
- Enable Bluetooth on the first device and connect it to the earbuds.
- At this point, both devices are connected to the earbuds, but only one can play audio at a time.
Setting Up JLab Multipoint Connection
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I reset my JLAB Bluetooth earbuds?
- Answer: The resetting procedure differs depending on the earbud’s model. For instance, to reset JLab JBuds Air True Wireless Earbuds (first generation), follow the steps below:
- Forget the earbuds from the list of previously connected devices on the source device’s Bluetooth settings.
- Take both earbuds out and power them off by pressing the multifunction button on both buds until you hear a ‘Goodbye‘ audio prompt.
- While the buds are off, press and hold the multifunction button on each earbud for fifteen seconds until the LEDs light solid white.
- Wait for around ten seconds, and one earbud will begin flashing white and blue while the other remains solid white. The buds have now been reset and are in pairing mode.
- Question: How do you put JLAB Pop earbuds in pairing mode?
- Answer: When the earbuds are powered on, they automatically go into pairing mode. You can force them to go into pairing mode by switching off Bluetooth on their currently connected device.
Connecting JLab earbuds to any device is easy once you have them in pairing mode. Fortunately, the earbuds automatically go into pairing mode whenever you power them on, thus further simplifying the pairing process.