JBL headphones are arguably one of the best in the market as far as sound quality is concerned. The bass and treble are well-balanced, and most have an inbuilt microphone for hands-free calling.
Besides, it has an integrated volume control, allowing you to adjust the volume without going to your phone settings. This sleek audio equipment is also foldable and has a carrying case for easy storage and portability.
But as much as JBL headphones are fabulous, they have flaws like any other earphone. Your JBL headphones might not turn on for some unexplained reason, leaving you upset or inconvenienced when you want to use them.
Fortunately, you don’t have to fret when this problem occurs. As this guide explains, I have several tips you can use to fix your JBL headphones.
- JBL headphones might not turn on because of a broken power button, poor charging, software bugs, or a damaged battery.
- Resetting JBL headphones can help fix minor bugs and glitches. Press the volume up and the volume down buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds until the LED light turns on.
- Poor charging is one of the main culprits of JBL headphones that won’t turn on. Fully charge your headphones for several hours before trying to turn them on.
- If your JBL headphones won’t turn, press and hold the power button for a minute. After that, press the power button three times in a row and hold it for a few seconds until the power indicator turns on.
JBL Headphones Won’t Turn On – Quick Fix
How to Fix JBL Headphones That Won’t Turn ON?
Your JBL headphones might not turn on for several reasons. Understanding the causes can help you troubleshoot and fix your headset.
Here are a few ways to fix JBL headphones that won’t turn on:
Force-Restart JBL Headphones
If your JBL headphones don’t turn on or won’t respond even after charging, perform a force restart. This step entails pressing the power button for a few seconds until the LED indicator turns on.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Locate the power button on the right earcup.
- Press and hold it for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED indicator light turns on.
Factory Reset JBL Headphones
JBL headphones have drivers and operate using built-in firmware. However, software bugs and glitches can cause your JBL headphones not to turn on or off. If this occurs, the most effective way to fix the problem is to factory reset the headset.
A reset will erase all custom settings and restore the headphones to factory defaults. While at it, the reset process will fix software bugs and glitches, allowing you to configure the headset afresh.
Here are the steps:
- Locate the volume buttons on the right earcup of the headphones.
- Press and hold both volume buttons.
- Release the buttons when the LED indicator lights up or you hear a pinging tone.
Resetting JBL Headphones
Triple-Click Power Button
Another quick way to fix JBL headphones that won’t turn on is to triple-press the power button. Pressing the power button several times in rapid succession can do the trick and restore your wireless headset.
Here are the steps:
- Press the power button three consecutive times.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds or more until the power light comes on.
- Release the power button as your headphones boot.
JBL Headphones Not Turning ON – Troubleshooting Tips
Charge the Headphones
Poor charging is one of the main culprits of JBL headphones that won’t turn on. Your wireless headset has a built-in rechargeable lithium battery that requires frequent charging for optimal performance.
Depending on how you use them, most JBL headphones last for between 10 and 40 hours before requiring a recharge. If the charge level is low, the headphones might not turn on. The only way to solve this problem is to charge the headphones.
Check the indicator light on the headphones to determine if the headset requires a recharge. The LED light might blink several times if the battery level is too low. Charge the headphones for 2 to 3 hours before turning them on again.
Check Charging Cable
JBL headphones usually come with a USB cable for charging. Sometimes, your JBL headphones might not turn on because of poor charging caused by a faulty or damaged cable.
Inspect the cable for visible damage or defects. Look for bends and twining, and ensure it has no faults. You can test the charging cable with another compatible device to determine if it works. Replace it with a functioning charger to fix the issue.
Replace Faulty Battery
As stated, your JBL headphones have a rechargeable lithium battery. However, lithium batteries usually have a short lifespan, not exceeding three years. They support up to 500 charge cycles before requiring a replacement.
Recommended Reading :
Your JBL headphones might not turn on because the battery is completely dead and cannot hold a charge. If this is the case, you may have to replace the dead battery with a new one. Depending on the headset, you may need to visit a JBL service center or consult a technician to replace the battery.
Repair Broken Power Button
Sometimes, your JBL headphones might malfunction and not turn on because of a broken or damaged power button. The headphones have a power button on the right earcup. This button is delicate and might succumb when subjected to extreme force.
Internal hardware failure can also cause the headphones to malfunction and not turn on. You can visit a JBL service center if the headphones are under warranty for free or subsidized repair.
Replace the Headphones
If you’ve tried all these steps, but your JBL headphones still won’t turn on, you may have to replace them. Exposure to extreme temperatures and moisture can cause irreparable damage, forcing you to purchase new headphones. JBL is not responsible for faults caused by personal negligence, meaning your warranty might not be valid in these circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: What do I do if my JBL headphones won’t turn on?
- Answer: If your JBL headphones won’t turn, press and hold the power button for a minute. After that, press the power button three times in a row and hold it for a few seconds until the power indicator turns on. If that doesn’t work, press the volume up and the volume down buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds until the LED light turns on.
- Question: How do you fix JBL headphones that won’t turn on?
- Answer: Your JBL headphones might not turn on because of poor charging. Fully charge the headphones for several hours before turning them on again.
- If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you may need to replace the battery. Consult a technician to replace the battery for you. You can visit a JBL service center if your warranty is still valid.
Replacing Battery on JBL TUNE750BTNC Headphones
- Question: How do I reset my JBL wireless Bluetooth headphones?
- Answer: Resetting JBL wireless Bluetooth headphones is easy. Press the volume up and the volume down buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds until the LED light turns on. In some models, you might hear a tone indicating a successful reset. Release the buttons when you hear this sound.
- Question: Where is the reset button on JBL headphones?
- Answer: JBL headphones do not have a dedicated reset button. Instead, the headphones require you to press and hold down a series of buttons to reset them. Typically, you may have to press the volume up and down keys simultaneously for about 20 seconds to factory reset the headphones to default settings. You will hear a pinging sound to indicate the headphones have been restored to factory defaults.
- Question: Can JBL headphones be overcharged?
- Answer: Some JBL headphones have a built-in overcharge protection circuit module that prevents the headset from overcharging. Once fully charged, the IC will stop charging the headphones and discard any electrical current. Older models might not have this feature, meaning they can overcharge and destroy the battery. Charge the headset for 2-3 hours and turn it off when not in use.
Dealing with JBL headphones that won’t turn on can be frustrating if you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, I’ve compiled several tips you can use to troubleshoot your malfunctioning headset.
You can start by force restarting the headphones. Press the power button for about a minute until the LED light turns on. If that doesn’t work, perform a reset and restore the headphones to factory defaults. Check the battery to ensure it has a full charge before trying again. Use this guide for more hacks on how to fix JBL headphones that won’t turn on.