Apple undoubtedly produces quality products that are easy to understand and operate. Their Beats line of headphones is an example of products that took the market by storm when they were first released.
As an Apple fan, I had to get the Beats Solo 3 headphones after hearing all the praise they got from people who had already tried them.
From my experience, the headphones are easy to pair with various devices, and once paired, you do not experience any issues with the audio. To ensure future and current users enjoy their experience with these headphones, I wrote this article to help pair your Beats Solo 3 with any device.
- When the Beats Solo 3 headphones are powered, they go into pairing mode automatically.
- Press the power button for a second to power on the headphones. This also powers them off.
- The power button is situated on the right earcup and has an LED embedded into it.
- You will know they are in pairing mode when the LEDs start flashing on and off.
- If you power them on and notice that the LEDs are not flashing, that means the headphones have already been connected to a different device.
- You can get them back in pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button for five (5) seconds and release when you see the LEDs flashing.
- If you connect the headphones to an iPhone, it will link them to your iCloud account. That way, you do not have to repeat the pairing process with devices that share that iCloud ID.
- Android devices have a Beats app that can also help you set up the headphones with the devices.
Getting Beats Solo 3 Headphones into Pairing Mode
To power on the headphones, press the power button for one second. This step also powers them off if they are turned on.
The power button can be found on the right earcup just above the fuel gauge (LEDs that indicate the battery level) and has an embedded LED.
The headphones are powered on when you notice the LEDs light up. If they start flashing on and off, that means the headphones are in pairing mode, and you can continue with the pairing process on the source device (the device you want to connect the headphones to).
Recommended Reading :
If the LEDs light up solid white without flashing, the headphones have been previously connected to a different device.
You can force them into pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button for (five) 5 seconds until you see the LEDs flashing.
The headphones are now ready to pair to any device, and the steps depend on the device’s operating system.
Pairing Beats Solo 3 Headphones with an iPhone
Pairing the headphones with an iPhone is very easy. The steps are as follows;
- Unlock the iPhone, and you should see a pop-up on the screen indicating the headphone’s name and an option to connect.
- Tap Connect on the pop-up and wait as the phone connects with the headphones.
- Once the connection is successful, the pop-up will show the headphone’s current battery level, and you can select Done.
- Unlock the phone and go to Settings, select Bluetooth.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on by confirming that the toggle switch is highlighted.
- Wait as your iPhone scans for available Bluetooth devices.
- The headphones will appear under ‘Other devices with the name ‘Beats Solo3.’
- Tap the name, and the phone should automatically connect to the headphones.
How to Pair Beats Solo 3 with an iPhone
Pairing Beats Solo 3 Headphones with Android Devices
Pairing Beats Solo 3 headphones to an Android device follows the same procedure as connecting any Bluetooth device to an Android. The steps are as follows:
- Open the Settings app and go to Connected devices.
- Select + Pair new device, and your Android will automatically enable Bluetooth and begin scanning for available devices.
- The headphones will appear under the Available devices list named ‘Beats Solo3.’
- Select the headphones OK or Pair, depending on the phone.
Then grant it any permissions it might request, and it will guide you through the pairing steps.
The app also has functions like finding your Beats serial number or updating the Beats firmware.
Pairing Beats Solo 3 with an Android Phone
Pairing Beats Solo 3 Headphones with Windows Devices
The steps below describe pairing your Beats headphones with a Windows 11 device.
- Select Start on the Taskbar.
- Go to Settings, then navigate to Bluetooth & devices.
- Enable Bluetooth connectivity, then select + Add device and click on Bluetooth.
- Wait as the device scans for nearby Bluetooth-enabled devices, and the Beats Solo 3 should appear with the name ‘Beats Solo3.’
- Select the headphones, and they will pair with your device.
You can find the Bluetooth pairing instructions on the Microsoft website if you have an older Windows version.
Pairing Beats Solo 3 Headphones with macOS
If you have a MacBook using macOS Ventura 13, the steps below will help you pair it to Beats Solo 3 headphones.
- Click the Apple menu and navigate to System Settings > Bluetooth.
- The headphones will appear among the available Bluetooth devices named ‘Beats Solo3.’
- Place the cursor on the name to reveal the Connect option and click it, and you are done.
If you have further questions or a different macOS version, visit the Apple support page for guidance.
Pairing Beats Solo 3 with a MacBook
How to Reset Beats Solo 3 Headphones?
You might encounter issues when pairing headphones with various devices. A factory reset can help you overcome such problems, so you must know how to reset the headphones.
The steps to reset are as follows:
- Hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously for five seconds. The power button is found on the right earcup, while the volume down button is on the left earcup just below the ‘B’ logo.
- Hold these buttons until you see the LEDs flash, indicating that the reset is successful.
How to Reset Beats Solo 3
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I put solo3 in pairing mode?
- Answer: The headphones automatically go into pairing mode when powered on. But if you notice that they are already paired to a different device, you can manually enable pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button until the LEDs flash.
- Question: Where is the pair button on Beats Solo 3?
- Answer: Beats Solo 3 headphones use the power button as the pairing button. The button is located on the right earcup and has an LED that lights up when pressed.
- You can enable pairing mode by pressing and holding this button for five seconds or until you see the LEDs flash.
- Question: How do you reset Beats Solo 3 headphones?
- Answer: Simultaneously press and hold the volume down and power buttons until the headphone LEDs flash white.
Connecting Beats Solo 3 headphones to any device is easier than the steps you must follow when connecting other headphones. The process is even more straightforward when connecting the headphones to an iPhone, thanks to Apple always ensuring their products share a conducive ecosystem.
If you have any headphones problems, you can check their quick start guide or contact Apple’s customer support.