Jabra earbuds come in different models and colors, making them versatile since most potential buyers can find what they want. The earbuds are also easy to set up and connect to devices, provided the user knows what the LEDs mean, which buttons to press, and for how long.
I bought my Jabra Elite 7 Pro earbuds a few months ago, and initially, they were slightly confusing to set up. But after carefully reading the user manual, I could connect them to my Android phone in one minute.
While researching how to set them up, I realized many other users were experiencing the same issues as me. Therefore, this article will guide you on successfully pairing your Jabra earbuds with any device.
- Ensure the buds are adequately charged before pairing them to any device.
- The earbuds automatically turn on when you remove them from the charging case.
- If they do not turn on, you can manually turn them on by pressing and holding the buttons on the earbuds.
- If prompted for a PIN during the set-up process, use 0000.
- If you intend to use only one earbud, you must pair both to the source device (in most cases). Then you can return the bud you do not want to use into the case.
- Some Jabra earbuds come with a USB-C/USB-A adapter that can be connected to a compatible port on the source device. The adapter then automatically connects to the earbuds, thus shortening the pairing process.
- Jabra earbuds that support pairing to multiple devices can actively pair to two devices but will only output audio from one device at a time.
- Some Jabra earbuds can remember up to eight devices that have been previously connected to them.
- When you turn them on, the earbuds will automatically connect to the last devices they were connected to.
Getting the Earbuds in Pairing Mode
You have to get the earbuds in pairing mode first before connecting the earbuds to a source device. Below are steps on how to get various Jabra earbuds in pairing mode:
Jabra Evolve2 Buds
- Take the earbuds out of the charging case; they should automatically turn on.
- If the earbuds do not turn on, press and hold the multi-function button on each earbud for one second until you see the LED flashing green.
- Then get the earbuds in pairing mode by pressing and holding the multi-function buttons on the buds simultaneously for three seconds. The LED will start flashing Blue to indicate the buds are in pairing mode.
Some of these earbuds, like the Jabra Evolve 2 Buds, come with a Jabra Link 380 adapter that can be used to connect the headphone to a source device via a USB-A or USB-C port.
Follow the steps below to use the adapter if you have a model that comes with one:
- Insert the Jabra Link 380 adapter into your computer’s USB port. The adapter will start blinking Blue to show it is in pairing mode.
- Take the buds out of the case and ensure they are powered on. The buds and the adapter will pair automatically, and the LED on the adapter will light solid Blue to show they have paired.
Pairing Jabra Evolve2 Buds (Bluetooth and a USB adapter)
Jabra Evolve 65t UC
You can get these earbuds in pairing mode by following the steps below;
- Take out the right earbud from the earbuds’ case and ensure the earbud is turned off.
- If the right earbud is powered on, you can manually switch it off by pressing and holding the multi-function button until the LED flashes red to show how the bud has powered off.
- Then, hold the multi-function button on the right earbud for five seconds. This will turn the earbud on and get it into pairing mode, shown by a blue flashing LED on the earbud.
- The earbuds will also play connection instructions once they are in pairing mode.
- Take out the left bud, and it should automatically turn on. If it does not, press and hold the volume down button for one second to turn it on.
- Now that the earbuds are in pairing mode, you can complete the process on the device you want to connect the earbuds to.
Pairing Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds
Alternatively, you can connect the Jabra Link 370 adapter (for earbuds that come with the adapter) to a computer/laptop. The earbuds will automatically pair to the computer/laptop via the adapter.
However, you might have to select the Jabra earbuds as the audio output source from the laptop’s audio settings.
Taking the earbuds out of the case will automatically turn them on, and putting them back in the case will turn them off. Additionally, you can power individual earbuds on or off. For example, to switch on the right earbud, simply press and hold the multi-function button until the LED starts flashing green. If you press and hold the multi-function button on the right earbud while it is on will turn it off, and you will see the LED flash red.
To power the left earbud on or off, press and hold the volume down button until you see the LED flash (green for on and red for off).
Once the earbuds are in pairing mode, you can complete the pairing process on your source device, be it an Android or iOS device. The following are steps to complete the pairing process on different operating systems. Pairing Jabra Elite 65T with an iPhone
Pair the Earbuds with a Source Device
Once the earbuds are in pairing mode, you can complete the pairing process on your source device, be it an Android or iOS device. The following are steps to complete the pairing process on different operating systems.
Pairing Jabra Elite 65T with an iPhone
- Open the Settings and navigate to Connected Devices.
- Select ‘Pair new device.’
- Wait as your phone searches for nearby available Bluetooth devices.
- The headphones will appear on the ‘Available devices’ list.
- Select the Jabra earbuds, then tap pair to complete the process.
These steps will vary depending on the manufacturer of your Android device.
Pairing Jabra Elite 65T with an Android Device
- Click Start on the taskbar and go to Settings.
- Go to Devices and select Bluetooth & other devices if you use Windows ten.
- If you are using Windows 11, go to Bluetooth & devices.
- Confirm that the Bluetooth toggle switch is on, then select Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Click on Bluetooth on the new pop-up window.
- The device will scan for available devices, and your Jabra earbuds should be among them.
- Select the earbuds to complete the connection process.
Pairing Jabra Elite 75T to a Windows Laptop
- Select the Apple menu and navigate to System Settings.
- Select Bluetooth on the new window and ensure it is turned on by checking the left side of the currently open window.
- The device will then scan for available devices and list them. Locate your Jabra earbuds and place the mouse pointer on the name of your Jabra earbuds, and click Connect.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the pairing process.
Pairing Jabra Elite 65T with a MacBook
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I put my Jabra 65t in pairing mode?
- Take the right earbud out of the case and ensure the earbud is turned off.
- If it is on, press and hold the multi-function button until the LED on the earbud flashes red.
- Then press and hold the multi-function button until the LED flashes Blue.
- The earbud is now in pairing mode. You can take the left earbud out of the case, automatically connecting to the right earbud.
- If the right earbud does not turn on, press the volume down button for one second. The LED will flash green indicating that it’s on.
- Question: How do you put earbuds in pairing mode?
- Answer: Most earbuds automatically go into pairing mode when you take them out of the case. However, if the earbuds were previously connected to another device and the device is in range, the earbuds will connect to that device automatically.
- You can manually enable pairing mode in such instances by pressing a dedicated button on the earbuds. The button to press and how long you should press it depends on the manufacturer and the earbuds model. Check your earbuds manual for the correct procedure.
- Question: Where is the multi-function button on Jabra 65t?
- Answer: The multi-function button on these earbuds is on the right earbud on the Jabra logo. Therefore, if you want to use it, press the Jabra logo, and you will feel the button underneath.
Pairing Jabra earbuds is not as complicated as it is to pair other brands of earbuds. You will complete the process in a few minutes if you carefully follow the steps above. Remember to adequately charge the earbuds before pairing to avoid unnecessary problems.
If you have further questions about your earbuds, download the user manual from Jabra’s website.