A friend of mine got the Jabra Elite 65t earbuds, and I had the opportunity to test them. After trying them out for a few minutes, I was impressed by the audio quality and decided to upgrade from my wired earphones.
When I finally received the earbuds, I had a little trouble setting them up, but I could finally pair them to various devices in my home. I wrote this article so you do not have to go through the confusion I went through.
- Ensure the earbuds are adequately charged before pairing them to any device.
- Take the right earbud out of the case and leave the left one in the case when pairing them to a device for the first time.
- Once the right earbud is out of the case, ensure it is turned off.
- If the earbud is on, long-press the multi-function button until the LED blinks red, indicating that the earbud has powered off.
- Then long-press the multi-function button until the LED flashes blue. This will take approximately five seconds.
- The flashing Blue LED indicates that the earbud is in pairing mode.
- Next, take the left earbud out of the case, and it should turn on automatically.
- If it does not turn on, press and hold the volume down button for one second to turn it on.
- The LED will flash green to show the earbud is on.
- The left earbud will connect to the right earbud automatically, and both will be in pairing mode.
- You can now complete the pairing process on the source device.
Recommended Reading :
Pairing Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds
Connecting these earbuds to a source device is easier than one might assume. All you have to do is switch on the earbuds in the correct order, and the rest of the steps will go on without hindrance.
Below is a step-by-step breakdown of how you can connect Jabra Elite 65t earbuds to any device:
- Take the right earbud out of the case and ensure it is turned off.
- If the earbud is turned on, long-press the multi-function button until you see the red LED flash. This is an indication that the earbud has been turned off.
- Next, enable pairing mode by pressing and holding the multi-function button until you see the LED flash blue. This will take about five seconds.
- Take out the left earbud from the charging case, and if it automatically turns on, it will connect to the right earbud.
- However, if the left earbud remains powered off, you can manually turn it on by pressing and holding the volume down button for one second. You will see the LED on the earbud flash green.
- At this point, the earbuds are in pairing mode, and you can proceed to finish the connection on the device you want to connect the headphones to.
How to Pair Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds – Step-by-Step Instructions
Before You Proceed
The multi-function button on the Jabra Elite 65t earbuds is on the right earbud. You can access the button by pressing the logo on the earbud, and you will notice a button underneath.
The volume down button is on the left earbud under the letter ‘J.’
Pair Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds with an Android Device
Once you have the earbuds in pairing mode, connecting them to your Android phone is easy. Follow the steps below;
- Open Settings on your phone and select Connected Devices.
- Tap on the ‘+ Pair new device’ option.
- Bluetooth will automatically turn on, and your phone will scan for available Bluetooth devices.
- The devices will be listed under ‘available devices.’
- Look for ‘Jabra Elite 65t’ in the list of available devices and select it. Wait as the phone completes the pairing process and answer any upcoming prompts appropriately.
- If prompted to enter a PIN, use the default 0000 (four zeros).
The exact pairing steps might differ depending on the manufacturer of your Android device. Therefore, consider following the instructions in your phone’s user manual or the manufacturer’s website.
Pairing Jabra Elite 65t with an Android Phone – Step-by-Step Pairing Instructions
Pair Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds to an iOS Device
- Click on Settings, and go to Bluetooth.
- Tap the slider to activate Bluetooth connectivity, assuming it is switched off.
- The iOS device will scan for available Bluetooth devices and list them under ‘Other devices.
- Select the ‘Jabra Elite 65t’ headphones in the list. If asked for a PIN, use 0000.
Pairing Jabra Elite 65T with an iOS Device
Pair Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds to a Windows Device
- Click the ‘Start’ option on the taskbar and go to Settings.
- Go to Bluetooth & Devices and select Add Devices.
- Next, click Bluetooth and wait for the laptop to scan for Bluetooth devices.
- The Jabra Elite 65t earbuds will be among the available devices. Select them and follow the screen prompts to complete the setup.
If you have an outdated Windows version or require further assistance, there I more information on Microsoft’s support page.
Connecting Jabra Elite 65t to a Windows PC
Pair Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds with a Mac
- Go to the Apple menu, then click on System Settings.
- Then select Bluetooth and turn it on if it is turned off.
- The Mac will scan for available Bluetooth devices. Locate the Jabra Elite 65t earbuds in the list of available devices and place the mouse cursor there.
- Select Connect and enter the PIN 0000 if requested for one.
If the steps above do not apply to your current device, you can find information on connecting Bluetooth devices to older macOS systems on Apple’s website.
Connecting Jabra Elite 65t to a MacBook
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I put my Jabra Elite 65t in pairing mode?
- Answer: Follow the steps below to put your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds in pairing mode;
- Ensure the earbuds are charged, then take the right earbud out of the charging case.
- Ensure the earbud you have taken out is powered off. If it is still on, press the multi-function button until the LED flashes red.
- Then press and hold the multi-function button on the right earbud until it flashes blue. This will take between three to five seconds.
- Take out the left earbud from the case, which will automatically connect to the right earbud.
- If the left earbud is turned off, press and hold the volume down button for one second to turn it on. You will see the LED flash green.
- The earbuds are now in pairing mode.
- Question: How do I reset my Jabra Elite 65t Bluetooth headset?
- Answer: To reset these earbuds, take the right earbud out of the case. Then press and hold the multi-function button until you see the LED on the earbud flash purple.
- Then close the charging case for five seconds as the earbuds reset.
Resetting Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds
- Question: How do I pair my Jabra 65t with multiple devices?
- Answer: You can pair the Jabra Elite 65t earbuds to two devices at a time. To achieve this, follow the same pairing procedure you followed when pairing the earbuds to the first device.
- Then, repeat the same procedure, only this time connect the earbuds to the second device as they will still be connected to the first device.
- If you want to remove one of the devices, turn off its Bluetooth or forget the connection. Remember, the earbuds can only play audio from one source at a time, even if they are connected to multiple devices.
- Question: Where is the multi-function button on Jabra 65t?
- Answer: The multi-function button is found on the right earbud on the Jabra logo. It is the only button on the right earbud, unlike the left one, which has two buttons.
Jabra produces quality earbuds that are not susceptible to malfunctions like earbuds from other brands. The manufacturer also ensures users can easily access the necessary documents to understand their earbuds and how to operate them. These factors and others not listed are why some people prefer Jabra earbuds over other brands.
If you have other issues with your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds, you can download the user manual, which will help you solve them.