Skullcandy earbuds are a great option if you want edgy earbuds, mostly thanks to the skull logo and a variety of color options. The buds come in different models, guaranteeing that every potential client has an option that appeals to them.
I have the Skullcandy Indy ANC Fuel earbuds, which have adequately served me for several months. However, occasionally the earbuds would not sync with each other upon powering them on. After an extended search, I found instructions on how to re-sync them.
Most Skullcandy earbuds also face the same issue regardless of the model. Therefore, below is a compilation of instructions on how to pair different Skullcandy earbuds together.
- Each model has unique operation techniques; therefore, the process of re-syncing the earbuds differs depending on the model.
- Before pairing the earbuds together, disconnect them from the source device.
- Then forget the earbuds from the list of Bluetooth-connected devices on the source device.
- Ensure that the earbuds and the case are sufficiently charged and that both earbuds charge when put in the case.
- To successfully pair the earbuds, restart them by returning them to the charging case and closing it; then open the case and take them out.
- Also, manually restart the earbuds; the manual restarting procedure differs according to the model.
- The LEDs will tell you whether the earbuds are synching and when they have synched with each other. You will also hear a voice prompt.
- When pairing the buds to a source device, you might receive more than one pair prompt. Select OK or Pair on all pairing prompts.
Pairing Skullcandy Earbuds Together
The process of manually pairing Skullcandy wireless earbuds together differs depending on the model. However, the earbuds will try to pair automatically with each other the first time you take them out of the case.
If the buds do not automatically pair with each other, the instructions below will help you manually initiate the pairing process.
Before pairing the earbuds, ensure the following prerequisites are met:
- The earbuds and the charging case have adequate power.
- Disconnect the buds and forget them from the source device and disable Bluetooth on nearby devices.
- Ensure both buds show they are charging when you properly insert them into the charging case.
- Have a clock or timer open on your phone to gauge the time.
Once the requirements are met, find your earbuds model from the ones listed below and follow the pairing instructions.
Indy ANC Fuel
Take the earbuds out of the charging case and manually turn them off by touching and holding the touch area for six seconds on each bud, and the LEDs will go off, indicating that the buds are off.
Then reset the buds by touching and holding the touch area on each bud for fifteen seconds, and you will see the LED lights turning to solid blue.
Tap the sensor on each bud twice, and the LEDs will light purple, showing the reset is complete.
The buds will then start flashing blue and red after a while, indicating they are pairing with each other. Once done, only the left earbud LED will flash blue and red, indicating that the buds are in pairing mode and you can pair them to a source device.
The above steps also work for the Indy ANC model.
How to Reset/Resync Skullcandy Indy ANC (and ANC Fuel) Earbuds and Pair Them Together
You can pair Indy wireless earbuds together through the steps below:
- Return both buds into the case and ensure the LEDs on the buds light red.
- Remove the right earbud from the case, and it powers on automatically.
- Then tap the sensor four times to power the bud. You will know it is off when the LED lights are red. This step also resets the bud, so ensure it lights red. If not, repeat this step until the LED is red.
- Return the right bud in the case and take out the left one.
- Tap the sensor area four times to power off the bud and reset it. You will know it is off when the LED lights are red. Once done, return the bud to the case.
- Take both buds out of the case, and they should start pairing with each other.
- You will hear a tone once the buds have paired and an audio prompt ‘pairing’ to notify you they are now in pairing mode.
How to Reset/Resync and Pair Skullcandy Indy Earbuds with Each Other
Indy Fuel/Indy Evo/ Sesh Evo/ Jib True
To pair Indy Fuel earbuds together, you first have to reset both earbuds.
Follow the instructions below on how to reset them:
- Open the case and remove the buds, then manually turn them off by touching and holding the sensor area on each earbud for six seconds (four seconds for the Sesh EVO, Spoke, and Jib True models).
- Then touch and hold the sensors on both buds for ten seconds to reset the buds. The LEDs will flash blue and then red to indicate a successful reset, and the buds will power off.
- Return the buds to the case and ensure the LEDs on the buds are red while they are in the case.
- Then remove the buds, and they will automatically start pairing with each other and play a tone to show successful pairing/syncing. After that, the left bud’s LED will start flashing red and blue to show they are in pairing mode.
- Pair the buds with a Bluetooth device and check whether audio is coming from both buds. Note that the buds will appear as two devices on the Bluetooth-paired devices list on the source device.
How to Reset/Resync Sesh Evo Earbuds and Pair Them Together
Skullcandy Dime/ Skullcandy Dime 2/ Skullcandy Dime XT 2/ Jib True 2/ Jib True XT 2
To pair two Skullcandy earbuds together, follow the steps below:
- Take the buds out of the case, so they can automatically power on.
- Then tap the touch area/earbud button on each bud four times, and they will start pairing with each other. The LEDs on the buds will flash red and blue, indicating they are paring.
- Once done, both buds will light blue, and you will hear a ‘paired’ voice prompt.
- If you have problems pairing the headphones, reset them, then try again. The resetting procedure is the same for all models listed in this section.
How to Reset Skullcandy Dime Earbuds
Skullcandy Push Wireless
- Take the buds out of the case and manually power them off by pressing and holding the left earbud button for five seconds.
- Then power on the earbuds by pressing and holding the left earbud button for five seconds.
- Next, simultaneously press and hold the buttons on both buds for twelve seconds. The LEDs will start flashing red and blue, and you should hear a tone once the buds have paired.
How to Pair Skullcandy Push Wireless Earbuds Together
Sesh ANC/ Skullcandy Mod/ Grind & Grind Fuel/Push Active
To pair the buds put them in the case, then take them out, and they will automatically start pairing with each other. If that does not work, try the solution below.
- Put the buds in the case and observe that the LEDs on the earbuds light red.
- Take out both buds from the case, then press the button three times on both earbuds, and the LEDs will start flashing to show they are pairing.
- The LEDs on the buds will flash blue five or four times, depending on the model, to show that they have paired.
- If the buds are not pairing, reset them. The Grind & Grind Fuel and Push active follow a slightly different resetting procedure.
- Place both buds in the case and close it. Also, ensure Bluetooth on all nearby devices is disabled.
- Take the left bud out of the case and leave the right one in the case.
- The left bud will automatically power on.
- Press the button on the left bud six times to reset it, then return it to the case. The bud will flash red to indicate it has been reset.
- Take the right bud out of the case and press the button six times just as you did for the left bud.
- Return the bud to the case and ensure the LEDs on the buds are lighting red.
- Take both buds out of the case, and they will start pairing with one another. Once paired, you will hear a beep. Also, the left bud will start flashing red and blue to indicate that the buds are in pairing mode.
Resyncing/Resetting Skullcandy Sesh Wireless Earbuds
Skullcandy Push Ultra/Vinyl
Skullcandy push ultra-earbuds can be paired using the steps below:
- Take the buds out of the case and manually power them off by pressing and holding the main button (with the skull logo) for six seconds. Four seconds for the SC Vinyl.
- While both earbuds are off, touch and hold the main button on each bud for ten seconds to reset them, the LEDs on the buds will flash blue and then red. This will turn the buds on and then off.
- Once the reset is done, return the buds to the case and ensure the LEDs on the buds are red.
- Take the buds out of the case, and they will automatically start pairing with each other as the LEDs flash blue. Once paired, you will hear a tone, and only the left earbud’s LED will flash red and blue to show the buds are in pairing mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I get my Skullcandy earbuds to pair together?
- Answer: You can put both earbuds in the charging case and ensure the LEDs on the buds are red. Then remove the buds from the case, and they should automatically start pairing with each other on some models.
- If that does not work, refer to the instructions provided above, as the pairing process differs depending on the earbud’s model.
- Question: Why is only one of my Skullcandy wireless earbuds connecting?
- Answer: Chances are one of the earbuds is malfunctioning or needs to be manually paired with the other earbud. Before anything, put both buds in the charging case then take them out to restart them and observe whether both are pairing to your device. If not, follow the pairing instructions that apply to your model.
- Question: How do I reset my Skullcandy earbuds?
- Answer: Resetting Skullcandy earbuds entails pressing the button on the buds in a certain order. The specific resetting procedure differs according to the earbud model; therefore, always consult the user manual for appropriate instructions.
As long as you know the model name of your Skullcandy earbuds finding the pairing instructions is very easy. The operation steps for each model vary hence why it is important that you know which Skullcandy earbud model you have.
If you face problems pairing the earbuds together, contact Skullcandy’s customer support or consult the user manual.