Sylvania produces some of the most innovative Bluetooth speakers. Some speakers from the manufacturer have integrated LED lights that can be used during a power outage. Thus, some models, like the Bluetooth Moonlight Speaker (SP136), function as speakers and emergency lights. I purchased the speaker for this reason and because they have a quality sound.
The manufacturer has multiple models, and some come in pairs making it hard for users to learn how to operate them adequately. Therefore, this article will show you how to get various models of Sylvania Bluetooth speakers in pairing mode and connect them to various devices.
- Sylvania has a wide variety of Bluetooth speakers. They come in different models, and some have unique operating methods.
- However, all Sylvania Bluetooth speakers will automatically go into pairing mode when you turn them on for the first time.
- If you have a model that comes with a pair of speakers like the Rock Bluetooth Outdoor speaker (SP247-B), turn both speakers on and wait for them to pair before attempting to pair a source device to the speakers.
- Some models have a mode button (labeled M), while others have a multifunction button that you can use to get the speaker in pairing mode.
- Before using the speaker, ensure it is adequately charged to avoid connection issues.
- Ensure the speaker and source device are within ten meters or thirty-three feet of each other when pairing them.
- If the speaker was previously paired to a source device, it will automatically connect to that device the next time you power it. That is assuming Bluetooth on the source device is on and in range.
- If prompted for a PIN by the source device when pairing to a Sylvania speaker, use 0000.
Getting Sylvania Speakers in Pairing Mode
There are various models of Sylvania speakers, and they follow different procedures to get into pairing mode.
Below are steps to get some Sylvania speakers in pairing mode to connect them to a source device.
Bluetooth Moonlight Speaker (SP136)
This speaker has a power switch at the back of the speaker next to the charging port. To turn it on, flip the switch to the position labeled on, and you will hear a beep.
The speaker’s LED will also start flashing Blue rapidly to show the speaker is in pairing mode.
If the speaker connects to a Bluetooth device and you want to connect it to a different one, you can force the speaker into pairing mode. Do this by pressing and holding the MFB button (labeled by a phone and the play/pause icons) until the LED rapidly flashes Blue.
When this speaker is successfully connected to a source device, the Blue LED will light flash once every three seconds.
These instructions also apply to the SP258, SP262-BLACK/STEALTH, and SP606 models, but you press and hold the play/pause button until the LED flashes Blue rapidly to force the speaker into pairing mode if it has already wirelessly connected to a source device.
Water Resistant & Rugged Wireless Speaker (SP332)
Press and hold the power button for three seconds, and you will hear a beep from the speaker, and the Blue LED will start flashing rapidly.
The speaker is now in pairing mode, and the LED will light solid Blue once the speaker is connected to a device. This speaker’s power button is at the front, below the minus button.
Disconnect the primary device through its Bluetooth settings to get the speaker in pairing mode to connect to another device.
To turn on this speaker, press and hold the Play/Pause button for five seconds, and the speaker’s LED will flash to show it is on.
Then press the M button repeatedly until the LED starts flashing Blue. This is an indication that the speaker is in pairing mode.
Some models, like the Party Rocker Plus (SP613), have a dedicated Bluetooth button to get the speaker in pairing mode if it was already paired to a source device.
2PK TWS LED Bluetooth Speaker
This model comes with two speakers that can connect to each other for better audio output.
To power them on, press and hold the power button on both speakers for three seconds, and you will see the LEDs flashing.
After both speakers are turned on, give them a few seconds to connect to each other automatically. You will hear a ‘pairing’ audio prompt as the speakers search for each other and a beep once they have paired.
If they fail to pair, press the power button on one of the speakers twice, and it will start searching for the second speaker afresh.
The power button is found on the top center of the speaker between the plus (+) and minus buttons (-).
Once paired, the speakers appear as a single unit under ‘Sylvania SP926.’
Rock Bluetooth Outdoor Speaker (SP247-B)
Press and hold the power button for three seconds to turn on the speaker. The power button is the first button from the left on the speaker’s side panel.
If you want to connect two SP2457-B speakers together since they come in a pair, power them on together, and they will automatically connect.
The speakers will pair within ten seconds, and the Bluetooth LED on the primary speaker will flash while the one on the secondary speaker will be solid Blue.
If the speakers do not pair, double-press the power button on one of them, and they will attempt to connect again.
You can also double-press the power button on one of the speakers to disconnect them.
The power button on Sylvania speakers can be a button or a switch. If it is a button, press and hold it for three to five seconds, and the speaker will turn on and go into pairing mode.
Sylvania speakers with a button labeled M use that button to get into pairing mode. You repeatedly press the M button until the Blue LED starts flashing to show the speaker is ready to pair.
Some models have a Bluetooth button that is labeled by the Bluetooth logo. Press and hold this button until the Bluetooth LED flashes to get such speakers in pairing mode.
Some models do not have an M or Bluetooth button, but the Play/Pause button works as a Bluetooth button. When you power on such speakers for the first time, they automatically go into pairing mode.
If the speaker is already connected to a source device and you want to put it in pairing mode, press and hold the Play/Pause button for five seconds, and the blue LED will start flashing.
Some models, especially the older ones, do not have a button to force the speaker into pairing mode. Instead, you turn off Bluetooth on the source device to disconnect the speaker and have it in pairing mode.
If you have a speaker model that comes as a pair, the speakers will automatically pair with each other within seconds of turning them on. Once they are connected, they will appear as one speaker on your source device.
A flashing Blue LED indicates that the speakers are in pairing mode, while a solid Blue LED means the speaker is connected to a device.
To complete connecting the speakers to a source device, open Settings and go to Bluetooth or connectivity settings, search for the speaker and select it. If prompted for a PIN, enter 0000.
The speaker’s name will be Sylvania, followed by the speaker’s model name, for instance, ‘Sylvania SP136.’
However, some models will only show the model name without the word Sylvania.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I put my Bluetooth speaker in pairing mode?
- Answer: When you power the speaker, it automatically goes into pairing mode. However, if the speaker was previously connected to a source device and the device is within ten meters or thirty-three feet of the speaker and its Bluetooth is on, the speaker will automatically connect to that device.
- You can enable pairing mode by pressing and holding the M button on some models or the Play/Pause button on others. Some models also have a button labeled with the Bluetooth logo that you have to long-press to get the speaker in pairing mode.
- Question: What is the code for Sylvania Bluetooth speakers?
- Answer: If your device asks for a PIN when connecting it to a Sylvania speaker, use 0000.
Sylvania speakers come in different shapes and sizes, catering to a broad market. The speakers are easy to operate and have a commendable audio quality. If you encounter any challenges while using them, consult Sylvania’s customer support team or download the manual and learn more about your speaker.
Always charge the speakers whenever the battery is low to prolong their lifespan.