Wireless headphones are convenient since they do not come with the clutter that wired headphones have. One problem with wireless headphones is they are expensive, meaning few people can afford them.
Fortunately, the Onn line of headphones is cheap; thus, users do not have to strain to get a pair. That is why I got the Onn headphones, which have been working without issues.
The Onn headphones are feature-rich and easy to operate but can be complicated when connecting to a source device. Below, I have illustrated instructions on getting the headphones in pairing mode so you can connect them to any device.
- Ensure the Onn headphones are adequately charged before pairing them to a source device.
- You can power Onn headphones on by holding the power button for three to five seconds.
- The power button on Onn headphones and earbuds also doubles as the pairing button.
- The headphones will go into pairing mode when they turn on, and they will connect to the last device they were connected to.
- The LED will flash red, blue, or red and blue to show the headphones are in pairing mode. The headphones will also play a ‘ready to pair’ audio prompt.
- If they do not play the ‘ready to pair’ prompt, power them off, then press and hold the power button until you hear the prompt. This will take approximately ten seconds.
- If the Onn headphones are left in pairing mode for extended periods, they will automatically power off to save battery.
- Some models of the Onn headphones can connect to more than one device.
- Once the headphones are ready to pair, go to the Bluetooth settings on your device to complete the pairing process.
Recommended Reading :
Get Onn Headphones in Pairing Mode
The first step to connect the headphones to any device is to power them on and get them in pairing mode.
Ensure the headphones are adequately charged, then press the power button until the LED begins flashing. You will have to hold the power button for three to five seconds to power on the headphones.
Some models of the Onn headphones play an audio prompt to show they have powered on, so listen for it as confirmation that they have turned on.
The headphones should then go into pairing mode, and you will see the LED flash red, blue, white, or red and blue, depending on the model, to show that they are in pairing mode.
They will also play a ‘ready to pair’ or ‘’pairing’ audio prompt showing that the headphones are in pairing mode.
If you have the Onn earbuds, you can power them on and get them in pairing mode by opening the case. Closing the case powers them off.
However, for some models like the ONN5529 and ONN5530, you will have to take them out of the case to power them on. Putting them back in the case powers them off.
If the earbuds power on and connect to a device you don’t want them connecting to, you can disable Bluetooth, which will get the earbuds/headphones in pairing mode.
On some Onn headphones, you can enable pairing mode by pressing the power button twice, while the headphones are powered on.
If this is the case, you can ensure they are ready to pair by pressing the power button until the headphones go off.
Next, switch off Bluetooth on devices previously connected to the headphones.
Then, press and hold the power button for ten to fifteen seconds, and they should power on and go into pairing mode.
Onn headphones usually do not require a PIN to connect to your device. If the pairing process prompts you to enter a PIN, disable Bluetooth on all nearby devices, as it could indicate that the headphones have paired to another device.
Power off the headphones after disabling Bluetooth, then forget the Onn headphones from the list of connected devices on the source device.
Next, hold the power button for ten to fifteen seconds until the headphones notify you they are ready to pair, and the LED starts flashing red, blue, white, or red and blue, depending on the model.
If you do not know how the LEDs are supposed to behave when the headphones are in pairing mode, check the quick start guide that comes with the headphones during purchase.
You can also search for the Quick Start guide online using the model’s name followed by ‘Quick Start Guide’ as the keywords.
Connecting the Onn Headphones to Other Devices
Once the Onn headphones are in pairing mode, the next step is to connect them to the source device.
You should ensure the device supports Bluetooth connectivity because if it does not, you cannot connect it to the headphones.
The steps vary depending on the source device; however, the general procedure involves locating the connectivity settings, enabling Bluetooth connectivity, and selecting the Onn headphones from the list of available devices.
Here is how to complete the pairing process on different operating systems and devices:
- Go to the Taskbar and click on the Start option.
- Then select Settings and go to Bluetooth & devices.
- Next, ensure Bluetooth is enabled by clicking on the toggle switch so that it says ‘On.’
- Go to the Add Device option and select Bluetooth.
- The Onn headphones will appear on the screen among other nearby Bluetooth devices that are in pairing mode.
- The headphone’s name will have the word Onn followed by the model’s name or the type of headphone, e.g., ‘onn. Neckband Pro’ or ‘Onn on ear’.
- Select the headphones and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing process.
Once the headphones are connected, they will automatically connect to the device the next time you enable Bluetooth and put them in pairing mode.
You can go to the Quick Settings on your Windows 11 device, select the Battery, Network, or Sound icon on the Taskbar’s right side, and click Bluetooth to enable it if it is not enabled.
Pairing Bluetooth Headphones to a Windows 11 PC
You can connect the headphones to an Android device by following the steps below:
- Unlock your device and click on Settings from the list of apps on your device. Then, go to Connections and select Bluetooth.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled.
- Go to Connected Devices and select the Pair New Device option.
- The Onn headphones will appear under ‘Available devices’.
- Select the headphones and follow the prompts that will appear on the screen.
- Your device will also ask you to grant it some permissions necessary for the headphones to work seamlessly.
Connecting Onn Bluetooth Headphones to an Android
If you have a MacBook with the Sonoma 14 operating system, follow the steps below to connect it to the Onn headphones.
- Select the Apple Menu and go to the System settings.
- Go to the sidebar and click on Bluetooth.
- Next, place the mouse pointer on the Onn headphones that will appear among the available devices and select Connect.
- The device may prompt you to follow some on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
Alternatively, you can select the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and select the Onn headphones
You can also find pairing procedures for older Mac operating systems by visiting the MacBook support page.
Connecting Bluetooth Headphones to a MacBook
If you have an iPhone, follow the steps below to connect it to your Onn headphones:
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Find Bluetooth and ensure it is turned on.
- The Onn headphones will appear under other devices. Select the headphones to complete the pairing process.
You can check the Apple support page for additional Bluetooth-related instructions, like unpairing the headphones in case they ask for a PIN during the pairing process.
Connecting Onn Bluetooth Headphones to an iPhone
If you have a Chromebook that supports Bluetooth connectivity, you can follow these instructions to connect it to the Onn headphones:
- First, confirm that the Chromebook supports Bluetooth by clicking Battery at the bottom right. If you see a Bluetooth option, it supports the connection.
- Next, select Bluetooth from the battery option, then click on the Pair New Device option.
- Finally, click on the Onn headphones from the available devices list and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing process.
Some devices like the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox series X do not support Bluetooth connectivity; thus, you will need an Onn headphone with a USB dongle.
Once you have one, you can connect the dongle to the console’s USB port, which will connect to the headphones.
Alternatively, you can use the 3.5mm cable for a wired connection between the headsets and such devices.
Bonus Video – Connecting Onn Headphones to a Samsung TV
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How to put Onn headphones in pairing mode?
- Answer: When the headphones are powered on for the first time, they automatically go into pairing mode. However, if they have been paired to another device and it is nearby, they will connect to that device, provided its Bluetooth is enabled. In such cases, you can turn off Bluetooth on the said device, and the headphones will go into pairing mode.
- If that does not work, power off the headphones, then press and hold the power button for ten to fifteen seconds until an audio prompt notifies you that the headphones are ready to pair or are pairing.
- On some Onn headphones, you can enable pairing mode by pressing the POWER button until the LED starts flashing red, blue, or red and blue alternately.
- Question: How do I connect my Bluetooth headphones to another device?
- Answer: The steps to connect Bluetooth headphones to another device vary depending on whether the headphones support multipoint connectivity.
- If the headphones support multipoint connectivity, you can add another device by pairing the first using the standard pairing procedure. Then, get the headphones in pairing mode to connect them to the additional device.
- Check the headphone’s user manual for instructions, as they vary depending on the manufacturer.
- Question: Are Bluetooth headphones compatible with all devices?
- Answer: Bluetooth headphones are compatible with all devices provided the devices support Bluetooth connectivity.
Onn Bluetooth headphones are a budget-friendly product that usually works as intended. The headphones are also equipped with additional features usually found on expensive brands.
Once you know the basics of the headphones, you can use them seamlessly and get the best out of them. You can also contact customer support if you encounter issues with the headphones.