Apart from their exceptional line of earbuds, Skullcandy also has various headphones with excellent bass. The Skullcandy Crusher Wireless headphones are my favorite since they are the first pair I got and have been working with no issues.
Using the headphones is easy, but basic concepts like powering them on or getting them in pairing mode can be challenging to new users.
Hence the instructions below will help you learn how to pair your Skullcandy Crusher to any device so the numerous instructions available do not end up making the process even more frustrating.
- Ensure the headphones are adequately charged before pairing them to any device.
- If you suspect the battery is low, you can charge them for at least ten minutes before using them.
- Power on the headphones by pressing the power button for three seconds. Pressing it again for three seconds will power off the headphones.
- The multifunction button between the volume up (+) and volume down (–) buttons also acts as the power button.
- Pressing the multifunction button for five seconds while the headphones are powered off also turns them on and gets them in pairing mode.
- The LED on the headphones will flash purple to show they have turned on.
- When the LED flashes red, it means the headphones are not connected to a source device.
- A flashing red and blue LED indicates the headphones are in pairing mode.
- Once paired to a source device, the headphones will broadcast a ‘Connect’ audio prompt.
- The LED will also flash blue once the headphones are successfully connected to a source device.
- Be careful when checking the user guide instructions for the Skullcandy Crusher Wireless headphones, as most people confuse them with other models like the Skullcandy Crusher Evo headphones.
Introducing Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Headphones
Get the Headphones in Pairing Mode
Ensure the headphones have sufficient power; charge them for at least ten minutes if the battery is low.
Before pairing the headphones to any device, you must power them on and get them in pairing mode.
The multifunction button between the volume up (+) and volume down (–) buttons also acts as the power button.
Pressing and holding it for three seconds will turn the headphones on or off, depending on their state.
When you power the headphones on using the above method, the LED will flash purple to show that the headphones have powered on. The LED is situated above the volume up (+) button.
You can also power the headphones on and get them in pairing mode by pressing and holding the multifunction button for five seconds. Do this while the headphones are turned off.
Once powered on, the LED will start flashing red and blue to show that the headphones are in pairing mode and are searching for a source device to connect to.
After a while, if the headphones are not paired to a device, the LED will start blinking red to communicate that the headphones have not paired to a source device.
Once the headphones are in pairing mode, you can complete the pairing process on the source device.
After a successful pairing process, the LED on the headphones will flash blue, and they will play a ‘Connected’ audio prompt.
The headphones will appear with the name ‘Crusher wireless’ on the source device.
How to pair and use the Skullcandy Crusher Headphones
Connecting Crusher Wireless Headphones to an Android Device
- Open Settings and go to the Connected Devices option.
- Tap the + Pair new device.
- The headphones will be among the devices that will appear on the ‘Available devices’ list.
- Select Crusher wireless, and a few seconds later you will hear a ‘Connected’ voice prompt followed by the LED on the headphones blinking blue.
- Remember to accept pairing prompts before the headphones are connected to your device.
Connecting Crusher Wireless Headphones to an iPhone/iPad
- Unlock the iPhone/iPad and go to Settings.
- Select Bluetooth and click on the gray slider next to Bluetooth, assuming Bluetooth is not already enabled.
- The device will scan for available Bluetooth devices and list them under ‘Other devices.’
- Select the Crusher Wireless headphones and accept the pairing prompts.
Connecting Crusher Wireless Headphones to a MacBook
- Open the Apple menu and select System settings.
- Select Bluetooth and then place the cursor on the Crusher Wireless headphones.
- The Connect option will be revealed, and you can select it.
- Accept any further prompts that may pop up.
- Once connected, the headphones’ LED will flash blue. You can access the instruction for enabling Bluetooth on other versions of the MacBook operating system on Apple support.
Connecting Crusher Wireless Headphones to a Windows Device
- Go to the Taskbar and select the Start option.
- Next, click on Settings and then Bluetooth & devices.
- Navigate to Add Device, then choose Bluetooth.
- Wait as the device scans for available Bluetooth devices, and the Crusher Wireless headphones will be among them.
- Accept pairing prompts that will show on your device to complete establishing the connection.
Troubleshooting Skullcandy Crusher Pairing Issues
If the headphones have issues pairing to another device, there are a few solutions you can try.
One is to power the headphones off and then on again and forget the source device’s connection.
If those do not work, a factory reset will clear the pairing information from the headphones and allow you to establish a new connection.
Below is how you can reset the Crusher Wireless headphones:
- First, forget the headphones from the Bluetooth settings on the source device.
- Then ensure the headphones are powered on.
- Press and hold the volume up (+) and volume down (-) controls simultaneously for two seconds.
- Release the buttons once you see the LED flash, as that means the headphones have successfully been reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do you put Skullcandy Crusher headphones in pairing mode?
- Answer: When you power on the headphones, they automatically go into pairing mode. They are turned on by pressing the multifunction button between the volume up and volume down controls.
- Another way of getting them in pairing mode is powering them off and then pressing and holding the multifunction button for five seconds.
- The headphone’s LED will flash red and blue to show they are in pairing mode. A red flashing LED also means the headphones are not connected to a source device.
- Question: How do I reset my Skullcandy Crusher Bluetooth headphones?
- Answer: Forget the headphones from the source device’s Bluetooth settings. Then ensure they are powered on.
- Press and hold the volume up and volume down buttons for two seconds.
- Once you see the LED flash, the headphones have been reset.
The Skullcandy Crusher Wireless headphones have been around for a while, and they are a perfect fit for anyone who loves listening to music on the go. They also come with a bass-adjusting function, meaning you can tailor the sound to your liking or even reduce battery consumption.
You can now pair them to any device and continue listening to uninterrupted audio. The Skullcandy Crusher support page has further control instructions, and you can even download the QuickStart guide if you need more clarity on any other matter about the headphones. You can also contact Skullcandy’s customer support for assistance.