Nothing Ear (1) earbuds have been around for only a few years, and they are already giving some of the top brands a run for their money. These true wireless earbuds have premium features, including wireless charging and Active Noise Cancelation (ANC). They have a combined battery life of up to 34 hours when using the charging case. Moreover, they are dust, sweat, and water-resistant, making them ideal for active lifestyles.
What makes Nothing Ear (1) different is the conspicuous transparent design. The clear plastic cover lets you peek at the earbuds’ internals. Besides, they weigh 4.7g per bud, making them ultralight for enhanced portability.
While the Nothing Ear (1) earbuds have excellent specs, you might experience challenges setting them up for the first time. One earbud might not work after the initial setup.
Sometimes, the left or right Nothing Ear (1) earbud might stop working unexpectedly. This guide explains how to fix Nothing Ear (1) earbuds one side not working (left/right).
- One side of your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds might not work because of the incorrect setup or connectivity issues. Remove the earbuds from your device and pair them again.
- A low charge might cause the left or right earbud to stop working. Recharging both earbuds in their charging case can fix the issue.
- One or both earbuds might not work because of muted sound or low audio on the connected media device. Check the volume level and adjust it accordingly to fix the problem.
- Software bugs and glitches can cause your left or right Nothing Ear (1) earbud not to work. Resetting both earbuds to factory defaults can solve the issue.
- The Nothing Ear (1) earbuds have a companion mobile app. One or both earbuds might not work appropriately because of using an outdated app or an outdated earbud firmware.
Recommended Reading :
Troubleshooting Nothing Ear (1) Earbuds One Side Not Working
One or both Nothing Ear (1) earbuds might not work appropriately for several reasons. Knowing the causes can help you troubleshoot and fix the issue quickly. Here’s why your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds might not work on one side and how to solve the problem.
Before using your earbuds for the first time, you must configure them to work with your phone or tablet. The only way to initialize your earbuds is through pairing.
For the uninitiated, pairing is how Bluetooth wireless devices communicate. They exchange and save addresses to pair with each other and connect each time you turn Bluetooth on.
Your left or right Nothing Ear (1) earbud might not work because of pairing issues. While pairing is straightforward, applying the incorrect procedure can cause one or both earbuds not to work.
Fortunately, fixing pairing issues is simple. It all starts with setting up your earbuds correctly. Here’s how to pair Nothing Ear (1) earbuds:
- Enable Bluetooth on your chosen device.
- Open the charging case lid.
- Place the earbuds in their corresponding slots in the case.
- Press the multifunction case button for 2 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED on the case blinks white.
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings and select Nothing Ear (1).
- If prompted for a password, enter 0000.
Enabling Pairing on Nothing Ear (1) Earbuds
If your earbuds develop pairing issues after the initial setup, you may have to unpair them from your device and repeat the pairing process afresh using the above instructions.
Pairing Nothing Ear (1) Earbuds with an Android Device
Pairing Nothing Ear (1) Earbuds with an iPhone
Aside from pairing issues, other connectivity problems can cause your left or right Nothing Ear (1) earbud to malfunction. Connection issues usually emerge for several reasons. The affected earbud might be out of Bluetooth range, causing it not to work. Sometimes, obstructions and electromagnetic interference can cause one or both earbuds to stop working.
While Nothing Ear (1) is a top-quality brand, the earbuds do not provide the best Bluetooth range. Ensure your earbuds are within a 10-meter radius of the connected device for an optimum connection. Remove obstructions and electrical appliances that might interfere with signal transmission.
Nothing Ear (1) earbuds offer numerous convenient features, including mono mode. When activated, mono mode allows you to use either of the two earbuds independently while leaving one in the charging case.
Activating mono mode is almost automatic. You only need to place one earbud in the charging case and use the other. However, you might experience issues getting your earbuds out of mono mode. For some reason, one earbud might remain stuck in mono mode, causing it not to work.
To deactivate the mono mode, place both earbuds in the charging case and close the lid for 10 seconds. Open the charging case cover and remove the earbuds to see if they work. You can also use the Nothing X app to switch between mono and stereo modes.
Like all wireless earphones, the Nothing Ear (1) earbuds have built-in rechargeable batteries. These batteries require frequent charging for optimum playback time. Since the earbuds can charge independently in the charging case, one earbud might have a low charge, causing it not to work.
The first step to solving this problem is to check the battery status of the earbuds. Simply open the Nothing X app (Android/iOS) on your device to see the battery percentage of individual earbuds. You can also tell the battery level via the earbuds LEDs. Green means the battery percentage is 30%, while amber indicates a 10-30% battery level. A red light means the charge is very low.
Once you know the battery level of individual earbuds, boost them by placing them in the charging case. Once charged, the affected earbud should work as usual.
Aside from a low charge, an over-discharged battery can cause the left or right earbud not to work. If you prefer using a single earbud, the inactive earbud can lose power and become flat if you don’t leave it in the charging case. The discharged earbud might not work appropriately if the battery is flat.
The quickest way to solve this issue is to charge your earbuds. Place both earbuds in the charging case and leave them to recharge. Nothing Ear (1) earbuds support fast charging. A full recharge takes 80-90 minutes only. Ensure the charging case has adequate charge before recharging your earbuds.
The Nothing Ear (1) earbuds might be among the best-in-class wireless earphones. However, you might sometimes experience stalled sounds when using your earbuds for gaming or streaming videos. This issue might affect one or both earbuds, leading to delayed audio in either bud.
The good news is that Nothing Ear (1) earbuds have a feature called low latency mode. You can fix audio latency issues in the affected earbud by activating low latency mode.
This setting lets you experience uninterrupted sound delivery in different scenarios.
Follow these steps to activate low latency mode:
- Open the charging case lid.
- Place the earbuds in the case.
- Load the Nothing X app on your device.
- Select your connected earbuds in the Nothing X app.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Low Latency Mode to turn it on.
Muted or Low Sound
Sometimes, one side of your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds might not work because of muted or low sound from the connected media device. In other cases, interfering with equalizer settings can cause one earbud not to work or produce sound.
Solving this problem is simple. Check if the audio on your media device is muted or low, and adjust the volume accordingly. If the earbud is still not working, go to the Nothing X app and restore the equalizer to default settings.
As with all software-operated gadgets, your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds can have bugs or develop glitches. These errors can misconfigure your settings and cause one or both earbuds not to work.
Resetting your earbuds is the quickest way to solve software glitches and other issues. This solution restores your earbuds to factory defaults, erases saved data, and removes misconfigured settings. After a reset, your earbuds will return to their out-of-box state.
Follow these steps to reset Nothing Ear (1) earbuds:
- Open the charging case lid.
- Place the earbuds in the corresponding slots in the charging case.
- Close the charging case lid.
- Locate and press the case button for 30 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED indicator flashes red.
Resetting Nothing Ear (1) – Video Guide
Your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds operate with built-in software. The firmware requires frequent updates to fix bugs and unlock new features. One side of your earbuds might not work if the firmware is outdated.
You can only update your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds via the Nothing X app. The process is simple. Here are the steps:
- Download and install the Nothing X app on your device.
- Load the Nothing X app on your device.
- You’ll get a notification if an update is available.
- Tap the notification bar on the app to check for updates.
- Select the Bluetooth icon and tap your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds on the app.
- Go to Device Details and tap Firmware Update to install the latest software version.
Outdated Mobile App
You don’t need to use the Nothing X app for your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds to function. However, the app unlocks the full potential of your earbuds. While it might sound outrageous, an outdated Nothing X app can cause the left or right earbud not to work. The app might corrupt your customized settings, leading to earbud malfunctions.
To solve this problem, check for and install the latest Nothing X app version. Open the Nothing X app on your device and go to settings to find and install the newest update. Alternatively, uninstall and reinstall the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
At this point, your earbuds should function as usual. If one side is still not working after following the above tips, the affected earbud might be defective or damaged.
There’s no doubt that Nothing produces top-quality earbuds. The earbuds are dust, sweat, and water-resistant. However, they can get damaged from improper storage or everyday wear. If this is the case, consider contacting Nothing Support for assistance. If the earbud is irreparable, you may have to purchase a replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Why is my Nothing Ear (1) left/right earbud not working?
- Answer: One or both Nothing Ear (1) earbuds might stop working for several reasons. In most cases, the charge on one earbud might be low. Pairing issues can also cause one earbud to drop the connection. Other reasons include muted sound, audio latency issues, software glitches, and outdated earbud firmware. If you’ve tried to fix these problems, but nothing works, the earbud might be damaged.
- Question: How do I reset my Nothing Ear (1) earbuds?
- Answer: Resetting your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds can fix bugs and software glitches. The process restores the earbuds to factory defaults, allowing you to configure them afresh. To reset your earbuds, place them in the corresponding slots in the charging case and leave the lid open. Next, locate and press the case button for about 10 seconds. Release the button when the LED indicator flashes red.
- Question: How do I set up my Nothing Ear (1) earbuds to work?
- Answer: Setting up your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds to work with your device for the first time is almost automatic. Place the earbuds in the charging case and press the multifunction button on the charging case to put the earbuds in pairing mode. Next, go to your device settings and select Nothing Ear (1) to complete the connection. You can also use the Nothing X app for guided setup instructions.
- Question: How do I update my Nothing Ear (1) earbuds firmware?
- Answer: Firmware issues can cause one side of your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds not to work. You can update your Nothing Ear (1) firmware to fix this issue. The process is straightforward. Download and install the Nothing X app on your device. Next, tap the notification bar on the app to check for updates. Select the Bluetooth icon and tap the connected Earbuds. Go to Device Details and tap Firmware Update to install the latest software version.
- Question: How do I fix Nothing Ear (1) earbuds if one side is not working?
- Answer: Fixing Nothing Ear (1) earbuds if one side is not working depends on the cause of the problem. If the issue emanates from a low charge, recharge the earbuds by placing them in the charging case. For pairing issues, remove the earbuds from your device and restart the pairing process afresh. Resetting the earbuds can also correct minor bugs and glitches. You can also update the earbud firmware to get the best out of your Nothing Ear (1) earbuds.
No doubt. The Nothing Ear (1) earbuds are excellent wireless earphones. They produce rich sound and have a reasonable battery life of up to 34 hours. Their quality is second to none, thanks to their unique transparent design.
Nevertheless, no earbud is perfect, and the Nothing Ear (1) earbuds are no exception. The left or right earbud might stop working unexpectedly. Fortunately, you can apply the tips in this guide to fix the problem quickly.