The Beats Solo 3 are among the most reliable headphones. They are comfortable and offer a fantastic battery life for extended playback time. They can deliver up to 40 hours of listening time at moderate volumes.
The quick charge feature ensures you don’t have to wait long to recharge your headphones. Charging the headphones for five minutes can give you up to 3 hours of battery life. Although they don’t have Active Noise-Canceling features, they have impressive sound quality for a mesmerizing audio experience.
While you can depend on the Beats Solo 3 to deliver, the headphones have a few shortcomings. Your Beats Solo 3 might unexpectedly malfunction and not turn on. Dealing with this issue can be frustrating if you don’t know what to do.
This guide explains how to fix Beats Solo 3 headphones that won’t turn on.
- A clogged power button might cause your Beats Solo 3 not to turn on.
- Your Beats Solo 3 might not turn on because of a low charge. The headphones have rechargeable batteries that require frequent charging for an extended playback time.
- A faulty or over-discharged battery can cause your Beats Solo 3 not to turn on. Replace or charge the battery overnight for at least 8 hours to fix the issue.
- Software bugs and minor glitches can prevent your Beats Solo 3 from turning on. Resetting the headphones to factory defaults can help correct the issue.
- Outdated or corrupt firmware can cause your Beats Solo 3 not to turn on. Search for and install the latest updates to fix the problem.
Recommended Reading :
Why Are My Beats Solo 3 Not Turning On?
Here are the possible reasons your Beats Solo 3 won’t turn on and how to fix them.
Your Beats Solo 3 won’t turn on primarily because of its low charge. Your Beats Solo 3 headphones have a rechargeable battery that requires frequent charging for extended playback time.
You can check the battery level from your connected device. Download and install the Beats app on your Android and pair the headphones with your device. Next, open the Beats app on your phone and select your Beats Solo 3 from the list of paired devices. The app will display the current battery status on the screen. If you are an iPhone user, you can check the battery level without the app.
You can also tell the current battery level by checking the Fuel Gauge/LED indicator. Tap the power button for one second to view the current battery level. The Fuel Gauge might flash red to indicate the headphones are critically low on charge.
Beats Solo 3 headphones operate using Lithium-ion batteries. Although these batteries are renowned for their high performance, they cannot withstand over 300 charge cycles before requiring a replacement.
You can replace the battery in your Beats headphones for a fee. Apple Warranty does not cover battery replacement. However, you can get a replacement at no cost if you have AppleCare+ coverage. Apple will cover the replacement costs if the battery no longer holds over 80% of its original capacity.
Alternatively, you can buy a replacement battery from a third-party vendor and install it if you have some technical expertise.
Replacing the Battery on Beats Solo 3
Lithium-ion batteries gradually lose a small percentage of charge when not used for some time. Over-discharged batteries can cause your Beats Solo 3 not to turn on.
The quickest way to fix over-discharged batteries is to recharge your headphones for at least 8 hours. The Fuel Gauge will blink several times when the headphones recharge and turn solid when the battery reaches 100%.
Blocked Power Button
Your wireless headphones might fail to turn on because of a blocked or damaged power button. Dirt, dust, and gunk might find their way between the small space around the power button, clogging it. If the power control has clogs, it won’t connect to the circuit board, causing your headphones not to turn on.
You can use a sharp pin or toothpick to dislodge the clogs around the power button. Another way to fix this problem is to quickly press the power button several times to remove dust and dirt buildup. If the power button is defective, replacing it is the only way to resolve the problem. Consult a local technician or schedule a repair with Apple.
Beats Solo 3 Won’t Turn On – Troubleshooting the Power Button
Software Bugs or Glitches
Software bugs and minor glitches can cause your Beats Solo 3 to malfunction and not turn on. Your headphones might develop bugs and glitches from electrostatic interference or pairing issues. Fortunately, you can fix this problem by resetting the headphones.
A reset will erase personalized settings and correct minor glitches. You may have to re-configure the headphones afresh after a reset.
Here’s how to reset your Beats Solo 3 headphones:
- Locate the power and volume down buttons.
- Press the power and volume down buttons at the same time and keep them pressed for about 10 seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Fuel Gauge flashes.
- Your Beats Solo 3 are now reset.
Resetting Beats Solo 3
Your Beats Solo 3 headphones require frequent software updates to fix bugs and correct minor glitches. Your Beats Solo 3 headphones might not turn on because of firmware issues.
The good news is that your Beats Solo 3 will receive automatic updates if the headphones are within Bluetooth range of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. You only need to connect your Bluetooth device to your Wi-Fi network to update your Beats Solo 3 with the latest firmware.
Follow these steps to determine if your Beats Solo 3 headphones have the latest firmware version:
- Connect your headphones to a charger and attempt to power it on.
- Grab your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Bluetooth.
- Tap the info button next to the name of your Beats Solo 3.
- Scroll to the About section.
- Check the firmware version of your Beats headphones.
Android users will have to use the Beats app to check the firmware version and update the firmware on Beats Solo 3.
Sometimes your Beats Solo 3 might not turn on because of hardware issues. The headphones might have a damaged circuit board, causing them to malfunction and not turn on. Unless you have technical skills, the only way to resolve this issue is to contact Apple support and schedule a repair service.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Why are my Beats Solo 3 headphones not turning on?
- Answer: Your Beats Solo 3 headphones might not turn on for several reasons. The headphones might have a low charge causing them not to turn on. The battery might be over-discharged, causing the headphones to malfunction. Software bugs and firmware issues can also prevent your Beats Solo 3 from turning on. Reset the headphones and update the firmware to fix the problem.
- Question: How to Check Beats Solo 3 battery level?
- Answer: You can check the battery level of your Beats Solo 3 through the Beats app. Download and install the Beats app on your phone to check the current status of your headphones. Pair your headphones with your phone, open the Beats app, and select your headphone name to see the battery level.
- Question: What should I do if my Beats Solo 3 won’t turn on?
- Answer: The first step to fix Beats Solo 3, which won’t turn on, is to charge the headphones. Connect the headphones to a charger for at least 30 minutes and check if this step solves the problem. If the headphones don’t power up, consider resetting them. A reset will restore the headphones to factory defaults, correcting software bugs and minor glitches.
- Question: What to do if Beats Solo 3 headphones are flashing but won’t turn on?
- Answer: If your Beats Solo 3 headphones are flashing but won’t turn on, replace the battery. The headphones might have issues powering on because of battery failure. Contact Apple for information on the nearest Service Center. The company will charge you a small fee based on the severity of the issues and the availability of replacement accessories.
- Question: How to reset Beats Solo 3?
- Answer: Resetting your Beats Solo 3 headphones can help correct minor bugs and glitches. Press and hold the volume down and power buttons for 10 seconds. Release the buttons when the Fuel Gauge flashes. Your Beats Solo 3 headphones are now reset.
The Beats Solo 3 headphones are renowned for their reliability and robust battery performance. However, they can sometimes act up and not turn when you press the power button. Dealing with Beats Solo 3 headphones that won’t turn on can be frustrating. Fortunately, you can use the above tips to troubleshoot your headset.