Jabra products have grown on me recently, considering my previous headphones from a different brand would drop connections randomly. After a friend suggested I try the Jabra Evolve2 65 Flex headphones, I have never experienced such problems.
As an audiophile, I wrote this article so that fellow Jabra headphone users have an easy experience connecting headphones to different devices in their homes.
- Always ensure the headphones are adequately charged before connecting them to any device.
- Most Jabra headphones support Google’s Fast Pair, so you can use the feature if your device uses Android 6 or later.
- Put the headphones in pairing mode and close to your phone, and a pairing pop-up will appear on the screen.
- You can use the traditional Bluetooth pairing process if the fast pair does not work or is switched off.
- Models like the Jabra Evolve2 65 Flex come with USB-C and USB-A Bluetooth adapter that is preset to pair with the headphones automatically.
- Connect the adapter to your laptop and turn on the laptop and headphones, and they will automatically pair.
- Jabra headphones can remember up to eight previously connected devices, and they can actively connect to two devices at the same time.
- Therefore, you can connect the headphones to the adapter and another device simultaneously when using the Bluetooth adapter.
- If you see two similar names of your Jabra headphones on the pairing screen of your source device, select the name with the headphone’s icon next to it.
- If prompted for a PIN, use 0000
Getting the Adapters into Pairing Mode
However, if you are using the Bluetooth adapters that come with some models, connect the adapter to your computer/laptop, then power on the headphones, and they will automatically pair since they are preset to do so.
If you reset the headphones, you must re-pair them to the adapter (Jabra Link 380) via the Jabra Direct App.
Below are the steps for getting different Jabra headphones into pairing mode;
Jabra Evolve2 65 Flex
The steps to get these headphones into pairing mode are as follows:
- First, locate the power button that also works as the Bluetooth button. The button on the left earcup next to the charging port is labeled with a Bluetooth icon.
- Hold this button for five seconds while the headphones are powered off to power them on and get them in pairing mode.
- The LED next to the power button will start flashing Blue to show that the headphones are in pairing mode.
- If you have the headphones on your ears, you will also hear the pairing instructions being described.
- From here, you can continue the pairing process on whatever source device you want to be connected to the headphones.
These steps also work for the Jabra Evolve2 55, but this model’s power button is on the right earcup. Additionally, the Jabra Evolve2 55 headphones might ask you to confirm if a code displayed on your phone/laptop matches the code narrated on the headphones.
If these codes match, confirm it by pressing the Call button on the right earcup.
How to Connect Jabra Evolve2 65
Jabra Evolve 75 SE, Jabra Evolve 65 SE, Jabra Elite 45h, Jabra Evolve2 75
- These headphones have a Bluetooth/on/off switch instead of a button.
- To get them in pairing mode, slide the switch to the pairing position and hold it for three seconds. A Blue LED will start flashing, and the headphones will announce ‘pairing mode’ to show they are in pairing mode.
- The switch is on the right (or left on some models) earcup just above the battery LED, and the pairing position is marked with the Bluetooth icon.
- Sliding the switch to the center turns the headphones on, and sliding it to the off position turns them off.
- You can also use a USB cable with the Jabra Evolve 75 SE headphones to connect them to your computer.
The above steps also apply to the following models:
- Jabra Evolve2 85
- Jabra Elite 25h
- Jabra Move
- Jabra Evolve 65+ (Can also connect to PC using USB cable).
Pairing Jabra Evolve2 75
Jabra Elite 85h
These headphones automatically power on when the earcups are put in the listening position.
Once they are on, put them on your ears and press and hold the multifunction button for three seconds, and the LED will flash blue to show they are in pairing mode.
The button is on the right earcup between the volume up and down buttons.
How to Connect Jabra Elite 85H
Connect the Headphones to a Source Device
Once the headphones are in pairing mode, the next step is to pair them to a source device of your choice. A source device entails whatever device sends audio signals to the headphones.
Below are steps for completing the connections on various source devices:
If your Android device supports fast pairing and the feature is enabled, you may see a pop-up asking you to pair the Jabra headphones.
Accept the pairing request if this is the case, and the headphones should be connected to the device.
However, if the pop-up doesn’t appear, you can still traditionally connect the headphones through the settings.
The steps are as follows:
- Open Settings on the Android device, then Connected Devices.
- Then tap on the + Pair new device option.
- The phone will scan for Bluetooth devices that are broadcasting their signal.
- Select the Jabra headphones from the list of Available devices. The headphones will have the name Jabra followed by the model’s name. For instance, ‘Jabra Evolve2 65 Flex.’
- If the phone prompts you to enter a PIN code, use 0000.
Connecting Jabra Headphones (Elite 45H) to an Android Phone
If your headphones come with a Bluetooth adapter, connect the adapter to the device and power on the headphones. The headphones and the adapter will automatically pair since they are preset to do so to ease the pairing process.
It is recommended that you use the adapter to enjoy all the features that come with the headphones. But if you want to connect the headphones directly to the source device, you can by following the steps below:
- Click Start and navigate Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled and select + Add device > Bluetooth.
- Select the Jabra headphones from the list of available devices and wait a few seconds as the devices connect.
Connecting Jabra Headphones (Evolve 75) to a Windows PC
Questions regarding Windows devices and Bluetooth connections can be found on Microsoft; you will also find pairing instructions for other Windows versions.
You should update the audio setting on your Windows device if you note that audio is still coming from your device and not the headphones.
To do this:
- Right-click on the Audio icon on the taskbar.
- Select Open Sound settings.
- Go to the sections asking you to select the Output and input devices and select them to reveal the drop-down menu.
- Select the Jabra device connected to your Windows device. It could be the Jabra headphones, the Jabra Link 380, or the Jabra Link 370 Bluetooth adapter.
- Select the Apple menu, then go to System Settings > Bluetooth.
- The Jabra headphones will appear among the list of Bluetooth available devices.
- Put the mouse cursor on the Jabra headphones name and select ‘Connect.’
Connecting Jabra Headphones (Elite 85H) to a MacBook
Alternatively, you can use the Bluetooth adapter that comes with most models. Just connect the adapter to your device and power on the headphones, and they will automatically connect to your MacBook.
If you notice that the headphones are connected to your MacBook but cannot hear audio through the headphones, follow these instructions to set the Jabra headphones as the audio output device.
You can also find more instructions regarding Bluetooth and macOS on the Apple support page.
- Open Settings and go to Bluetooth.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled and wait for the iPhone/iPad to scan for available devices.
- The headphones should appear under ‘Other devices’ with the model’s name.
- Select the headphones, and they should automatically connect to the iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I connect my Jabra wireless headphones to my laptop?
- Answer: The easiest, fastest way to connect the headphones to your laptop is to use the Bluetooth adapter most models come with. Connect the adapter to your laptop and power on the headphones so that they can automatically connect.
- Alternatively, you can get the headphones in pairing mode and connect them to your laptop like any other Bluetooth device. The only downside with this is you might miss out on some features that come with connecting using the Jabra Link 380/370 adapters.
- Question: How to enable pairing mode on my Jabra 65t earbuds?
- Answer: Remove the right bud from the case and ensure it is turned off. You can power it off by holding the multifunction button for three seconds or until you see the LED flash red.
- Once it is off, press the multifunction button for five seconds. The bud will power on and go into pairing mode. You will see the LED flash blue and hear pairing instructions play through the earbud. Listen and follow those instructions.
- Next, remove the left earbud and wait for it to connect to the right one if it does not, press the volume down button for one second to power it on.
Pairing Jabra Elite 65t
- Question: How do I reset my Jabra 65t Bluetooth?
- Answer: Before resetting, forget the earbuds from the source device’s list of connected Bluetooth devices.
- Then hold the multifunction button on the right earbud for ten seconds. The LED will flash purple to show that the earbuds are resetting.
Jabra has a wide range of audio products catering to different users. Some headphone models have been discontinued, but you can still find their user manuals on the Jabra support website.
Some models have a 3.5mm connector cable that establishes a physical connection between the headphones and the source device. If you use this cable, you will lose the Bluetooth connection until you disconnect the cable and continue using the headphones wirelessly.