Soundcore has quality products that appeal to a large variety of people. Their earbuds are particularly noticeable thanks to their simplistic style and rich features. I have been lucky to possess a few earbud models, which have always worked as expected. The only downside is I often forget how to operate them since most models have unique operation techniques.
This is a detailed instruction guide on how to pair your Soundcore Life P2 and operate these earbuds. I made it so you do not have to struggle using the earbuds like I did.
- If the earbuds are new, remove the protective sticker on each bud before placing them in the charging case.
- Ensure you fully charge the buds and case if they are new and you are using them for the first time.
- The case and earbuds will flash white to show they are charging. Once full, the LEDs will go off.
- Remove the buds from the charging case to automatically power them on and get them in pairing mode.
- Returning them to the case powers them off.
- The LED on the earbuds will flash white to show the earbuds are on and red to show the earbuds have powered off.
- You can manually power the buds off if you take them out of the charging case and press and hold the button on either earbud for three seconds.
- Press and hold the button on any earbud for one second to power them back on.
- The right earbud will automatically pair with the left one whenever they are both powered on.
- You can manually enable pairing mode by manually powering the earbuds off and then on again.
- You will know the buds are in pairing mode when the LED on the earbud flashes white rapidly.
Get the Earbuds in Pairing Mode
To pair the earbuds to a source device, you must power them on and get them in pairing mode. Below is how to do each of these tasks.
Power on the Earbuds and Get Them into Pairing Mode
If the earbuds are new and have never been used, take them out of the case and remove the protective sticker from each bud
Return the earbuds to the charging case and connect the case to a suitable charger. You should let the buds and case fully charge before using them. But if you are in a hurry, you can charge them for a minimum of ten minutes.
The earbuds will power on and go into pairing mode a few moments after you remove them from the case. However, the right earbud must pair with the left before they go into pairing mode. This happens automatically, and you will see the LEDs on the earbuds flash white and then light solid white for one second to show they have successfully paired.
Soundcore Life P2 – First-time Pairing
You will know they are in pairing mode when the LED on one of the earbuds flashes white rapidly.
To manually power off the earbuds, take them out of the case and press the button on either bud for three seconds. The LED on the earbud will flash red to show that they have powered off.
Press and hold the multifunction button on either earbud for one second to turn it on. The bud will flash white to show they have powered on. Manually powering them off and then on again is also a way of manually enabling pairing mode.
The third method of enabling pairing mode is to turn them off, then press the button on either bud for 3 seconds until it starts flashing white rapidly. Then press the button on the other earbud for 1 second to turn it on. The earbuds will be in pairing mode.
Therefore, consider turning off Bluetooth on all other nearby devices and only leave the device you want to be paired with the earbuds. This ensures you pair the buds with the intended source device.
Soundcore Life P2 – How to Enable Pairing Mode Manually
Pair the Buds with a Source Device
After enabling the pairing mode, the next steps involve the source device. Such source devices have varying operating systems that pair to Bluetooth devices with different procedures.
We will therefore look at the most common operating systems.
The steps below apply to MacBooks that use macOS Ventura 13. You can find information on older operating systems on their website, which also has more relevant Bluetooth information.
Open the Apple menu, go to System Settings > Bluetooth, and place the cursor on Soundcore Life P2, then select Connect.
Accept any additional Bluetooth pairing prompts, and the earbuds will be connected to the earbuds.
Connecting Soundcore Life P2 to a MacBook
- Open Settings and go to Bluetooth, then turn it on.
- Available devices will be on the ‘Other devices’ list.
- Select the Soundcore Life P2 earbuds, then pair.
- Wait for three to five seconds, and another prompt should appear; select pair.
If the iPhone shows more Bluetooth prompts, accept them, and you are done.
Connecting Soundcore Life P2 to an iPhone
- Open Settings and go to Connected devices > Pair a new device.
- Bluetooth will turn on if it is off, and the device will scan for available connections. Select the Soundcore Life P2 earbuds and accept any pairing prompts that might pop up.
Connecting Soundcore Life P2 to an Android Phone
The following steps apply to Windows 11 devices.
- Click Start on the taskbar, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth & devices, and turn Bluetooth on if it is off.
- Proceed to Add devices > Bluetooth and wait as the device scans for available Bluetooth devices. The earbuds will appear as Soundcore Life P2; select them and accept any further pairing prompts.
Connecting Soundcore Life P2 to a Windows PC
About the Pairing Process
When the source devices scan for available Bluetooth signals to pair with; the earbuds will appear as ‘Soundcore Life P2.’
Once you select them, they will pair, but a pop-up will appear within three to five seconds, compelling you to pair the second earbud.
This is normal and should happen since it ensures both buds are connected to the source device. The second bud will appear as ‘Soundcore Life P2-L.’
Unfortunately, some devices have a problem with the QUALCOMM True Wireless Primary-Secondary pairing names and can refuse to pair or show the second pairing pop-up.
This is expected, resulting in only one earbud pairing to the source device. The secondary earbud will connect to the primary one and receive signals from it, ensuring that you can use both earbuds if you want to.
As a result, the source device might indicate that only one earbud is connected to the source device, but that is not the case. You can continue using the earbuds as intended.
You can use only one earbud after pairing both to the source device. To achieve this, place the earbud you do not want to use in the charging case, and it will turn off.
Alternatively, manually power off the earbud you are not using by pressing its multifunction button for three seconds.
Factory Resetting the Earbuds
A factory reset is a fast and easy way of solving pairing problems and other connectivity issues. This is because it clears all the pairing information from the earbuds and forces them to reconnect to other devices.
To reset them, place both buds in the charging case and ensure they are charging.
Then press and hold the multifunction button on both earbuds for three seconds, and you will see the LEDs flash red three times and then white. The reset is successful.
Resetting Soundcore Life P2 Earbuds
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I get Soundcore Life P2 in pairing mode?
- Answer: Take the earbuds out of the charging case to power them on.
- Wait for three to five seconds as the earbuds pair with each other.
- The earbuds will then go into pairing mode, and you will see the light on one earbud flashing white rapidly.
- The earbuds will automatically pair with the last device they were paired with if Bluetooth is on and within range.
- Question: How do I reset my Soundcore Life P2?
- Answer: You can reset the earbuds by placing them in the charging case.
- While the case is open, press and hold the multifunction button on both earbuds for three seconds.
- The LEDs will flash red three times, then white, to show the reset was successful.
Soundcore Life P2 earbuds are easy to operate compared to other models from the brand. If you take good care of the earbuds and the case, they will serve you for a while before you require a replacement.
If the pairing process poses any challenges, you can check Sound core’s support articles regarding the Soundcore Life P2 buds. There you will also find the user manual and the quick start guide. You can also contact Soundcore’s customer support for further assistance.