The Ultimate Ears range of speakers is one of my favorite portable speakers. Regardless of the size of the speaker, you can still feel its beat whenever you play music.
I particularly love the Ultimate Ears Hyperboom model because I can use it instead of getting a subwoofer. Additionally, the speaker supports multiple connection methods ensuring you can enjoy music from any source.
My favorite way of connecting to the speakers is wirelessly through Bluetooth, which often has issues, especially if I want to move with my phone in my pocket. I tried resetting the speaker but realized I did not know how to do it.
As always, I scavenged the internet for information on factory resetting the HYPERBOOOM speaker. To my surprise, there was minimal information, which was very hard to find.
Therefore, in this article, I compiled all the details you will need to reset any Ultimate Ears Boom speaker. That way, anyone having issues with their speaker can solve it without struggling.
- The Ultimate Ears speakers can malfunction from time to time.
- One sure way of solving these malfunctions is to reset the speakers.
- Different models follow different resetting procedures; however, some models follow similar procedures.
- Always turn on the speaker before resetting it.
- Additionally, forget the speaker from the Bluetooth settings on the source device.
- To reset the Hyperboom speaker, press and hold the power and play/pause buttons simultaneously for five seconds. The speaker will play a unique tone to show that it is resetting. Once it is done resetting, it will power off.
- To reset the other Ultimate Ears model, press and hold the power button and the volume down button for ten to fifteen seconds. The speaker will play a tone, then power off. Wait for a few seconds before powering them back on.
- Once reset, the speaker will power on and automatically go into pairing mode. You will have to reconnect the speaker to the source devices it was previously connected to.
- The power button is found on the top of the Boom speakers. It is labeled with a vertical line that has an embedded LED.
- The Volume down (-) button is on the front of the speaker just below the Volume up (+) button.
Resetting Ultimate Ears Boom Speakers
There are eight Ultimate Ears speakers that have the name Boom in their model’s name. For easy understanding and access to information, we will look at how to reset each one of them.
Note that once you reset the speaker, you will lose all the custom settings you might have updated on the speaker (if any).
You will also have to re-pair the speaker to your source device since the information on previously connected devices will be erased.
Remember to forget the speaker from the Bluetooth settings on all source devices that have ever been connected to the speaker so that you have an easy time pairing them to the speaker once the reset is complete.
Below are steps to reset various Ultimate Ears Boom speakers:
- Press the power button to turn on the speaker. The power button is on the top of the speaker, with a line running halfway through it that is also the power LED.
- The power LED will start flashing white, and so will the B1 LED meaning the speaker is in pairing mode.
- Reset the speaker by pressing the power and play/pause buttons simultaneously for five seconds.
- The play/pause button is the center button surrounded by the B1, B2, Aux, and Optical buttons.
- Once the reset starts, the speaker will play a unique tone that will sound like a bongo and eventually power off.
- Wait at least five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the speaker.
- If the reset is successful, the speaker will play a ‘Hi there; please download the ULTIMATE EARS BOOM app’ audio prompt.
- That is how you will know the reset was successful. If the audio prompt does not play, start the resetting procedure afresh.
Recommended Reading :
- Power on the speaker by pressing the power button on top of the speaker under the UE logo. The button is marked by a straight line acting as the LED.
- Next, press and hold the Volume down (-) and the power buttons for ten to fifteen seconds.
- The Volume Down button is located on the front of the speaker under the Volume Up (+) button.
- The speaker will then play a tone notifying you that it is resetting and will power off once the reset is complete.
- You can now power it on, and it will be in pairing mode, ready to connect to a source device.
Resetting UE WONDERBOOM 2 – Step-by-Step Guide
The steps above also work for the following models: BOOM 2, BOOM 3, WONDERBOOM 2, WONDERBOOM 3, MEGABOOM, MEGABOOM 2, and MEGABOOM 3.
How to Reset UE BOOM Speakers
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I put my UE BOOM in pairing mode?
- Answer: To force the UE Hyperboom speaker into pairing mode, press and hold the Bluetooth button until you see the LED flashing.
- Since the Hyperboom has two Bluetooth channels, you can do this for either channel using their respective buttons (B1 and B2).
- The Bluetooth button on the Wonderboom/Megaboom is right above the UE logo, and long pressing it will also get the speaker in pairing mode.
- The button is also found in the same location on the Wonderboom 2, Wonderboom 3, Megaboom 3, Boom 3, and Boom 2, with the only difference being these models do not have the UE logo.
- Note that the speakers will automatically go into pairing mode when powered on and attempt to connect to the last device they connected to. If they do, you can force them into pairing mode using the steps above.
- Question: How do I connect my Ultimate Ears Boom 3 Bluetooth speaker?
- Press the power button to turn on the speaker. The power LED will light white to show the speaker is on.
- If the speaker was previously connected to a device and is within range with its Bluetooth activated, the speaker will reconnect to it.
- Otherwise, it will automatically go into pairing mode.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button if the speaker connects to a device, but you want it in pairing mode.
- You will know the speaker is in pairing mode when it plays a tone and the Bluetooth LED starts flashing rapidly.
- From here, go into the Bluetooth settings of the source device and search for the Boom 3 speaker.
- The LED will light solid blue once the speaker connects to a device.
- Question: How do I pair my BOOM 3 without the app?
- You do not need the app to connect your Boom 3 speaker to a Bluetooth source device.
- Simply power on the speaker, and it will automatically go into pairing mode.
- If your BOOM 3 was previously connected to the device and its Bluetooth is activated, and within range, it will automatically reconnect.
- You can force the speaker back into pairing mode by pressing the Bluetooth button until you hear a tone and the Bluetooth LED starts flashing rapidly.
- The LED lights solid blue when the speaker is connected to a source device.
Various aspects can lead you to want to reset your Ultimate Ears speaker. You could be intending to sell the speaker, or it could be malfunctioning, and all other troubleshooting attempts have failed. Either way, resetting the speaker will be a smooth experience after going through this article.
However, should you encounter any challenges, contact the Ultimate Ears customer service team for further assistance.
Alternatively, you can visit the support website to find different guides and tips about all their speaker models.