Are you stuck with Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds not charging? Worry not. You are not alone. While Skullcandy Sesh Evo wireless earbuds are distinguished for their quality, they have a few shortcomings. Your earbuds might stop charging unexpectedly or not charge at all.
Luckily, we are here to help. Read on to learn how you can fix the problem like a pro!
- Skullcandy Sesh Evo not charging might result from a poorly charged charging case. Recharge the Sesh Evo charging case before charging your earbuds.
- If charging the charging case and earbuds simultaneously, ensure the connected cable works. A faulty charging cable can cause your earbuds not to charge.
- An incompatible charger with low power ratings can cause your Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds not to charge. Use a USB-C cable and an adapter with a power rating not exceeding 5V/3.6A to recharge your earbuds.
- Your Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds might not charge because of over-discharged batteries. Charge the earbuds for several hours to resolve the issue.
- Minor glitches can cause your Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds to stop charging. Reset the earbuds to factory defaults to fix the problem.
Recommended Reading :
How to Charge Skullcandy Sesh Evo Earbuds
Your wireless earphones can only charge in the provided charging case. You must also place the earbuds correctly in the two slots.
Here are the steps:
- Open the charging case lid.
- Insert the earbuds in the corresponding slots.
- Ensure the in-ear gels are not blocking the charging case lid from closing.
- Wait for a few moments for the earbud LEDs to turn solid red.
- Close the charging case lid.
- Check the earbuds after 2 hours.
- When fully charged, the LEDs will turn off.
Fixing Skullcandy Sesh Evo Not Charging
Troubleshooting Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds that won’t charge doesn’t have to be a hassle. You only need to discover the possible causes to resolve the issue. Here are a few proven tips to help you fix Skullcandy Sesh Evo not charging.
Charge The Charging Case
As mentioned above, you can only charge your Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds via the provided charging case. However, the earbuds won’t charge if the charging case has a low charge. You must first recharge the charging case before charging the earbuds. Or you can charge them both at the same time.
You can check the charging case battery status via the LEDs on the front panel. The charging case has 4 LEDs, each equaling 25% of charge. If the LEDs are off, the charging case is low on power. Recharge it first, then insert your earbuds.
Replace the Charging Cable
You can charge your Skullcandy Sesh Evo charging case independently with or without the earbuds. If charging the case with the earbuds, ensure the connected USB-C cable is not defective. USB cables are delicate and can malfunction unexpectedly.
The quickest way to test your charging cable is by connecting it to a different device. If the USB cable is faulty, swap it with a functioning replacement. Once the charging case is charging, your earbuds will charge without issues.
Use A Compatible Charger
As with the charging cable, your Sesh Evo earbuds might not charge when using an incompatible charger. Your charger must have the correct power output to charge your Sesh Evo charging case and earbuds.
The recommended power rating should not exceed 5V/3.6A. Check the AC adapter to determine if it meets the appropriate power output rating. If not, replace it with the correct charger.
Check for Loose Connections
In most cases, we are in a hurry to plug the charger before checking if it is firmly in place. Loose connections can cause your Sesh Evo earbuds not to charge.
Check your connections on the mains and the charging port to ensure they are firmly in place. To fix the issue, you can disconnect and reconnect the charger and charging cable.
Check The Earbuds’ Placement
The right and left earbuds have designated spaces in the case. So, if you place your earbuds in incorrect slots, you might experience charging issues.
This is because the in-ear gels can cause the earbuds not to sit properly in the corresponding slots. They must have direct contact with the charging pins in the case.
Switch The Power Source
You can charge your earbuds by connecting the charging case to a power bank, wall charger, or computer. However, if the power supply is defective, the earbuds won’t charge.
Test the power supply by connecting a different device. If the power source is faulty, you might experience charging issues. Switch to a separate power source to fix the problem.
Clean The Charging Case and Earbuds
The Skullcandy Sesh Evo case might be dirt-resistant, but this doesn’t mean it can’t attract dust. Dirt and dust might block the charging contacts in the Sesh Evo case, causing your earbuds not to charge.
Fortunately, you can fix this issue by cleaning the charging case with a cotton swab, focusing more on the metal contacts/pins in the earbud slots. Once done, place the earbuds in the charging case to see if they are charging.
Close the Charging Case
While you can charge your earbuds with the charging case lid open, doing so might slow down the process. Skullcandy recommends charging the earbuds with the case lid closed.
This step is relatively straightforward. Simply insert the earbuds into the charging case and close the lid to charge your earbuds.
Charge the Earbuds Overnight
If your earbuds are completely drained, they might have issues charging. This is particularly true if you have not used your earbuds for a while. The batteries will gradually lose power. Over-discharged batteries are difficult to charge since the battery cells are flat.
Fixing this issue demands you leave the earbuds in the charging case momentarily until they begin charging. Wait a few minutes or hours until the LEDs start blinking red. If that doesn’t work, you can leave them in the case overnight to see if they finally charge.
Reset the Earbuds
Sometimes, your Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds might develop glitches, causing them not to charge. A simple reset can help fix the problem.
Here are the steps:
- Unpair your earbuds from your device. Remove them from the list of paired devices.
- Press each earbud for 4 seconds to turn them off.
- Once off, press each earbud for 10 seconds to reset them.
- The LEDs will flash blue and then red once reset.
- Reinsert the earbuds into the Sesh Evo case to see if they are charging.
- When you confirm they are charging, take them out and pair them afresh.
How to Reset Skullcandy Sesh Evo
Replace the Earbuds
Although Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds are waterproof and dirt-resistant, they are not exempt from malfunctions.
If your earbuds are still not charging, they might be defective. Since Sesh Evo earbuds have no serviceable parts, the only option is to replace them. Contact Skullcandy for assistance or visit a local store to buy replacements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Why is my Skullcandy Sesh Evo not charging?
- Answer: Your Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds might not charge because of a faulty USB cable, loose connection, defective power source, damaged charging case, or software bugs. You can fix these issues by replacing the cable, plugging the charger firmly, switching the power supply, using a different charging case, or resetting the earbuds.
- Question: Is there a way to tell if my Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds are charging?
- Answer: The Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds and charging case have LED lights that display their charging status. You can tell if your earbuds are charging by checking the LEDs on the earphones. To recharge your earbuds, put them in the charging case. The LEDs will be solid red when charging and turn off when fully charged.
- Question: Can resetting my Skullcandy Sesh Evo force them to charge?
- Answer: Resetting your Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds can resolve several problems, including charging issues. To reset your earbuds, unpair them from your device. Next, press each earbud for 4 seconds to turn them off. Once they are off, press each earbud for 10 seconds to reset them. The LEDs will flash blue and then red once reset. Reinsert the earbuds into the Sesh Evo case to see if they are charging.
- Question: Can I charge my Skullcandy Sesh Evo without a charging case?
- Answer: No. You cannot recharge your Skullcandy Sesh Evo without a charging case. The earbuds do not have a separate USB port for charging. The only way to charge your earbuds is through the provided Sesh Evo charging case.
- Question: How long does it take to charge Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds?
- Answer: The charging duration depends on the hour of playtime you need. Since Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds support fast charging, 10 minutes of charge will provide 2 hours of playback time. A full recharge takes about an hour for 5 hours of playtime. Ensure the charging case has adequate charge to maximize your earbuds.
Fixing Skullcandy Sesh Evo not charging can be intimidating if you do not know the cause of the problem. After all, you expect your earbuds to charge as usual without going through hectic troubleshooting steps.
Fortunately, you do not have to be a tech guru to fix malfunctioning Skullcandy earbuds. You can use these proven tips to resolve charging issues and get back to enjoying your wireless earphones. Be sure to share these hacks with your friends and loved ones experiencing a similar problem.