I love the Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds because they perfectly fit in my ears, and I can change sound modes without taking out my phone. While the earbuds were new, I had many problems getting them in pairing mode and connecting them to my phone and laptop.
After a few trials and errors, I could do these on top of even resetting them whenever I had pairing issues.
This article helps fellow Skullcandy Sesh Evo users get to know their earbuds better like I do and, most significantly, learn how to get them into pairing mode.
- Ensure the earbuds are charged for at least ten minutes before pairing them to a source device.
- Taking the earbuds out of the case powers them on automatically.
- Putting them back in the case powers them off.
- You can power them off manually when they are out of their charging case by holding the touch area on each earbud for four seconds.
- Hold the touchpad area for two seconds to manually power them back on.
- The earbuds go into pairing mode when they are powered on.
- When powered on, the buds will sync with each other first before going into pairing mode.
- They will show they are synching by flashing blue.
- Once synched, they will play a tone, and the left bud will blink red and blue to show they are in pairing mode.
- They will connect to the last device they were connected to provided the device has Bluetooth turned on and is within range.
- You can also get them into pairing mode by holding the touch area for six seconds or by turning off Bluetooth on the device they are connected to.
Get the Sesh Evo Earbuds in Pairing Mode
Before pairing the earbuds to a source device, you must get them in pairing mode. The steps to do this are easy to follow, as you shall see below:
- Place the earbuds in the charging case and make sure their LEDs flash red. If the LEDs do not flash red, close the case, then open it, and the LEDs on both earbuds should now light red.
- Take both earbuds out of the charging case, and they will flash blue, showing they are syncing.
- Once only the left earbud is flashing red and blue, they are in pairing mode, and you can continue with the pairing process on the source device.
- The earbuds will automatically connect to the last device they were connected to, if any, as long as it is within the Bluetooth range and has Bluetooth turned on.
- You can manually force them into pairing mode by holding the touch area on either earbud for six seconds.
- If that does not work, turn off Bluetooth on the connected source device, and your Sesh Evo will go into pairing mode.
How to Pair Skullcandy Sesh Evo (Full How to Use Tutorial)
Pair Sesh Evo to an Android Device
- Open Settings and select Connected devices.
- Next, tap on the + Pair new device option, which will turn on Bluetooth automatically if it is off.
- Wait as the phone scans available Bluetooth devices and lists them under ‘Available devices.’
- Select the ‘Sesh Evo’ earbuds and accept pairing prompts that will come up.
- The buds will play a ‘Connected’ audio prompt once pairing is successful.
- These steps will differ depending on the manufacturer of your Android device. So, check on the manufacturer’s website or the device’s user manual if you encounter any hurdles.
Pairing Skullcandy Sesh/Sesh Evo with an Android Phone
Pair Sesh Evo with a Windows Device
- Click on Start on the taskbar and select Settings.
- Navigate to Bluetooth & devices and ensure Bluetooth is enabled.
- Select Add Device, then Bluetooth on the new window.
- Wait for the earbuds to appear among the available Bluetooth devices with the name Sesh Evo.
- Select the earbuds and select OK or pair on any further prompts that will come up.
- The above steps work for Windows 11, but you can find the instructions for other operating systems on Microsoft support.
Connecting Skullcandy Sesh Evo Wireless Earbuds to a Windows Laptop
Pair Sesh Evo with a MacBook
- Click on the Apple menu and go to System Settings > Bluetooth.
- Place the cursor on the Sesh Evo earbuds on the list of available devices.
- Finally, select Connect, and you are done.
Pair Sesh Evo with an iPhone/iPad
- Open Settings and go to Bluetooth and ensure it is turned on.
- Select the Sesh Evo earbuds from the list of ‘Other devices.
- Select the Sesh Evo buds, as they are among the ready-to-pair devices.
Use Solo Mode on the Sesh Evo Earbuds
Sesh Evo earbuds and other models from Skullcandy allow the user to use only one earbud while the other remains off. This is called Solo mode.
The feature allows the user to be more aware of their surroundings or use one earbud while the other charges.
You can activate the feature by connecting to the earbuds as you normally would and returning the earbud you do not want to use into its slot in the charging case.
From here, you can continue using the remaining earbud, but you will lose controls associated with the earbud that is in the case.
To continue using both earbuds, remove the other one from the case and wait for it to pair to the powered-on earbud automatically.
Once they are powered, you will hear a tone from the buds, or audio will start coming out of both buds instead of one.
If this does not happen, restart the buds before resetting them if the problem persists.
How to Reset the Sesh Evo Earbuds
If the earbuds are not functioning normally or you want to reset them and give them a fresh start, the instructions below will help you:
- First, forget the earbuds from the source device through its Bluetooth settings.
- Then take the earbuds out of the case and manually turn them off by holding the touch area for four seconds.
- While the earbuds are still off, touch and hold the touch area for ten seconds.
- This will result in the earbuds flashing blue, then red, and finally powering off.
- Place both buds in the charging case and make sure the LEDs on the earbuds light red to show they are charging while in the case.
- Take out the earbuds from the case, and the LEDs on both earbuds will flash blue to show they are pairing with each other.
- The left bud will flash red and blue once both buds have synched and are in pairing mode.
Resetting Skullcandy Sesh Evo Wireless Earbuds
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I put my Sesh Evo in pairing mode?
- Place the earbuds in the charging case and confirm the LEDs on the earbuds glow red.
- Take the earbuds out, and they will automatically power on.
- The earbuds will be in pairing mode when you see the left earbud’s LED flash red and blue.
- If they connect to a different device, turn off its Bluetooth, and your Sesh Evo will go into pairing mode.
- Alternatively, hold the touch area on either earbud for six seconds.
- Question: How do I connect my Skullcandy Sesh Evo to my phone?
- Answer: Assuming the buds are already in pairing mode, follow the steps below:
- iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth and select Sesh Evo from the list of ‘Other devices
- Android: Settings > Connected devices > + Pair new device and choose Sesh Evo from ‘Available devices
- You can find instructions on enabling pairing mode in the section above.
- Question: How do I get my Skullcandy earbuds to pair together?
- Answer: Place both earbuds in the charging case and confirm the LEDs on both earbuds are red. If the LEDs do not light red, ensure they are correctly placed in the case, then close and open it.
- Remove them from the case, and you will see both flash blue. That means they are pairing with each other.
- Once paired, only the left earbud’s LED will flash red and blue.
- If the buds still do not connect to each other, consider resetting them.
- Question: How do I reset my Skullcandy wireless earbuds?
- Take both buds out and manually power them off by touching and holding the touch area on each bud for four seconds.
- Next, touch and hold the touch area on both buds for ten seconds.
- The earbuds will flash blue, then red, and power off.
- Place them in the case and ensure the LEDs on both earbuds are red.
- Take the earbuds out and wait until the LED on the left earbud flashes red and blue.
Sesh Evo earbuds share similar controlling procedures as most earbuds from Skullcandy. However, due to the slight differences, it can be challenging to set them up and use them. Fortunately, this article helps you adequately utilize them.