I love Apple products and, most significantly, the Beats earbuds. Their classy feel makes them stand out and have a good sound output quality. At first, I had problems with the microphone, but with time, I was used to it.
The greatest obstacle was figuring out how to pair the Beats Studio earbuds to my Android phone. Luckily, the Beats Support page has a guide for operating and using these buds.
Below are instructions on pairing the various Beats earbuds to different devices. I made this compilation so you can easily access the information whenever needed.
- Ensure the buds are adequately charged before pairing them to any device.
- Also, ensure you turn on Bluetooth on the source device before powering on the earbuds.
- Once you power them on for the first time, they automatically go into pairing mode.
- You will see the LED on the case (or the buds for some models) flash white to show that the buds are in pairing mode.
- Once in pairing mode, you will likely find a pairing prompt on the unlocked screen of the iPhone. Following that prompt will finish the pairing process.
- If the earbuds power on and the LED on the case or the buds remain white without blinking, then the buds are probably already connected to a different device.
- You can get them back into pairing mode by pressing the system button on the case for 5 seconds, and the LED starts blinking white.
- If the buds do not come with a case, press the power button for five seconds, and you should see the LED blinking white to indicate pairing mode.
- Pressing the System button on the case for fifteen seconds for models that come with a case will reset the earbuds.
Get the Beats in Pairing Mode
To pair the Beats to any device, you must power them on first and ensure they are in pairing mode. Also, ensure Bluetooth is enabled on the device you want to be connected to the buds.
The steps below describe how to get the Beats earbuds in pairing mode.
Beats Studio Buds/ Beats Studio Buds +
- Ensure the buds are charged by more than fifty percent if they are new and you are pairing them for the first time.
- Open the charging case, and while leaving the buds inside, place the case next to the device you want to connect them to.
- You should see the LED on the earbuds charging case blinking white rapidly.
- This indicates that they are in pairing mode.
- If the LED on the case is not blinking, you can force the buds into pairing mode.
- Do this by pressing and holding the System button in the case for five seconds until the LED starts blinking.
- At this point, the buds are in pairing mode, and you can complete the pairing process on the device you want to connect to the earbuds.
Pairing Beats Studio Earbuds with an iPhone
- Place the buds close to the device you want them connected to.
- Hold the power button on the control module on the right for three to five seconds until the LED starts flashing.
- That indicates that the buds are in pairing mode, and you can continue the pairing process on the source device (the device you want to connect to your earbuds).
- Ensure the Beats earbuds are in the case and that the case is left open.
- Press the System button in the case for five seconds until the LED on the case starts blinking.
- Proceed to finish the pairing process on the source device.
- The above steps also apply to the Beats Fit Pro earbuds.
Pairing Powerbeats Pro with an iPhone
- Power on these earbuds by pressing the power button for a second. This also turns them off if they are turned on.
- The button is on the left end next to the LED.
- Once powered on, the earbuds go into pairing mode, and you will see the LED flashing.
- To force pairing mode manually, you should press and hold the power button until you see the LED flashing.
- Just remember to switch off Bluetooth on other nearby devices you do not want to be connected to your Powerbeats.
- If that doesn’t work or other issues come up with the buds, consider resetting them.
How to Pair Powerbeats Earbuds (iPhone/Android)
Completing the Pairing Process
Once the buds are powered on and in pairing mode, the next steps are to complete the pairing process on the source device.
Below is a breakdown of how to complete pairing on different operating systems.
- Open the Settings app, then Connected devices.
- Next, select + Pair new device.
- This will prompt the phone to scan for available Bluetooth devices.
- Select the buds from the list of Available devices.
- The earbuds will be indicated by the model’s name, like Beats Studio Buds +.
Connecting Beats Studio Buds with an Android Phone
Additionally, the Beats Studio Buds and the Beats Studio Buds + are compatible with Fast Pair; once you power them on, a pairing prompt will appear on the phone’s screen.
However, for Fast Pair to work, you should ensure Bluetooth and Location settings are enabled and your device supports the feature.
Then you can select the “Tap to pair” option, and you will see a notification showing that the pairing is successful.
Beats App – Feature Overview
- Once you open the case or power on the buds and place them next to your iPhone while it is unlocked, a pairing pop-up will appear on the screen.
- The pop-up will contain the earbud’s name and a representation of what they look like.
- You can select ‘Connect’ from there and follow the upcoming prompts to complete the pairing process.
- The prompts will also ask whether you want to modify some settings; however, this is optional and can be done later, so it is safe to skip them.
- Once successfully paired, the phone will display the earbuds and charging case’s battery percentage.
If the pop-up does not show, you can still connect to the earbuds through the phone’s Bluetooth settings by following the steps below.
- Open the Settings app and select Bluetooth.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on and wait for the phone to scan for available devices.
- The earbuds will appear under ‘Other devices,’ you can identify them via the model’s name.
- Select them, and you will successfully pair your iPhone/iPad to the earbuds.
Once you connect the earbuds to your iPhone, they will also be automatically set up with devices that share the same iCloud account as your iPhone.
Pairing Beats X Earbuds with an iPhone
- Open the Apple menu and select System Settings > Bluetooth.
- The Beats earbuds will be in the list of Bluetooth available devices.
- Hover the mouse cursor on the earbuds name and select the Connect option, which will reveal itself.
Connecting Beats Fit Pro to a MacBook
- Open the Start menu and navigate Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
- Confirm that Bluetooth is active, then go to + Add device > Bluetooth.
- Select the Beats buds from the available devices and wait for the devices to connect.
How to Pair Beats Fit Pro Earbuds with a Windows PC
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do you put Beats earbuds in pairing mode?
- Answer: When the Beats earbuds are powered on for the first time, they go into pairing mode. However, you can also manually enable pairing mode.
- If the buds come in a case, press and hold the System button for five seconds while the buds are inside until you see the LED blinking. That means they are ready to pair.
- If the buds are the models that do not come with a case, pressing the power button for five seconds gets them in pairing mode.
- Question: How do you reset Beats earbuds?
- Answer: All the Beats earbuds that come with a case can be reset by placing the buds in the case and pressing the system button for fifteen seconds until the LED on the case starts flashing.
How to Reset Beats Studio Buds
- To reset the Beats Flex, hold the power button for fifteen seconds until the LED flashes red.
- For the BeatsX and Powerbeats, you should simultaneously press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for ten seconds.
Resetting Beats X Earbuds
- Question: How do I get my Beats headphones to pair?
- Answer: If the earbuds refuse to go into pairing mode, you can try manually enabling it by pressing the System button in the case for five seconds.
- For models that do not come with a case, you should hold the power button for five seconds. Once you see the LEDs flashing, the buds are in pairing mode.
- If that fails, consider resetting them.
Beats earbuds are a big contender for being one of the best and easiest-to-connect earbuds, especially if connecting them to an iPhone. The buds come in different models, so understandably, pairing them to any device can be challenging.
Fortunately, the instructions above will help you pair the buds to a chosen device without a hassle.
You can visit the Beats support page if you have other questions or want to learn more about Beats earbuds. There you will find support for all Beats products and instructions on how to operate and reset them.