I love the Skullcandy line of earbuds since each model has a unique feature that appeals to a specific niche of customers. For instance, I have the Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds, which are precisely what works for me, from the noise canceling to the solo mode.
Their main downside is that they do not support wireless charging, but Skullcandy has the Indy Fuel model, a replica of the Indy Evo but with wireless charging.
When setting up my Indy Evo earbuds, I realized it could be complicated, especially if you do not have the user guide. Therefore, I compiled all the information you need to adequately pair them to any source device and truly experience the buds.
- Always ensure the earbuds are charged before pairing them to any device.
- Indy Evo earbuds will automatically go into pairing mode when powered on.
- The left earbud will flash red and blue to show that they are in pairing mode.
- If both buds flash blue after being powered on, it means they are connecting to each other, and you should wait for them to finish.
- The earbuds will automatically connect to the last device they were connected to, provided that the device is within the Bluetooth range and has its Bluetooth activated.
- You can also enable pairing mode by touching and holding the touch area while the buds are turned on.
- The earbuds can be manually powered off by holding the touch area for six seconds.
- You can turn them on by holding the touch area from the off state for four seconds.
- If you have issues with the pairing process, reset the earbuds and try pairing them to a source device.
Getting Skullcandy Indy Evo Earbuds in Pairing Mode
To pair these earbuds to any device, you must first get them in pairing mode. The steps below describe how you can do this:
- First, place the right and left earbuds in the charging case and confirm their LEDs are red. This shows they have been correctly placed in the case and are charging, making them automatically power on when you take them out.
- The earbuds automatically power off when placed in the case and automatically power on when taken out.
- Next, take both earbuds out of the case to power them on. If both earbuds flash blue, wait until only the left earbud’s LED flashes red and blue.
- When both buds flash blue after being taken out of the case, they are synching with each other, and when the left earbud flashes red and blue, it means they are in pairing mode.
- Once the buds are in pairing mode, you can complete the pairing process on the source device. In this case, the source device is the device you want to be connected to the earbuds.
- As the earbuds pair to the source device, you will hear a ‘Pairing’ voice prompt; when the connection is successful, you will hear a ‘Connected’ voice prompt.
Once the earbuds are in pairing mode, the next steps involve connecting them to your device. Below is how you can complete this process on different operating systems.
Pairing Indy Evo Earbuds
Pair Indy Evo Earbuds with an Android Device
- Open the Settings application and select the Connected Devices option.
- Next, select + Pair new device. This will automatically turn on Bluetooth if it was switched off.
- The phone will then scan for available devices and list them.
- Select Indy Evo from the list of available devices.
Android devices have slightly different user interfaces, and these steps will apply o a few models. However, they give a general outlook on enabling Bluetooth and connecting to the earbuds.
Check the manufacturer’s website or the user manual for instructions specific to your phone.
Recommended Reading :
Pair Indy Evo Earbuds with an iPhone/iPad
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Go to Bluetooth and ensure it is enabled.
- Wait as the device scans for available Bluetooth devices and lists them under ‘Other devices.
- Select Indy Evo, as they should be among the available devices.
- Accept the pairing prompt, and you will have successfully connected the buds to your iPhone or iPad.
You can check Apple’s support page for instructions on unpairing Bluetooth devices or troubleshooting if you encounter any problems.
Pair Indy Evo Earbuds to a Windows Device
- Go to the Taskbar and select Start.
- Then select Settings and go to Bluetooth & devices.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled, then select Add device.
- Select Bluetooth on the window that will pop up.
- Wait for the laptop/computer to scan for available devices and select the Indy Evo earbuds.
- Accept the pairing prompt.
Pair Indy Evo Earbuds with a MacBook
- Open the Apple menu and navigate to System Settings > Bluetooth.
- Place the mouse pointer on the Indy Evo buds and click connect.
You can check the Apple support page for alternative ways to connect to the buds or for answers to any pressing questions about establishing the connection.
More About the Indy Evo Earbuds
Apart from taking the buds in and out of the case, there is another way to turn them on or off.
If you touch and hold the touch area for six seconds, the earbuds will power off.
Also, note that leaving them in pairing mode for extended periods will also turn them off, and you can manually power them on or place them in the case and then take them out to power them on.
Holding the touch area on either earbud for four seconds will also turn the earbuds on.
TURN Indy Evo OFF – Hold the touch areas on both buds for 6 seconds
TURN Indy Evo ON – Hold the touch areas on both buds for 4 seconds
If the earbuds were previously connected to a device, they would reconnect to that device when you turn them on. That is on the condition that the device has its Bluetooth turned on and is near the earbuds.
In such situations, you can force the pairing mode (manually) by going to the device’s Bluetooth settings and disconnecting the earbuds or turning off Bluetooth on the source device.
Alternatively, you can manually enable pairing mode by touching and holding the touch area on both earbuds for four seconds. Do this while the earbuds are turned on.
How to Reset the Indy Evo Buds?
If you encounter pairing or connection issues, factory resetting the earbuds is a solution that always works. However, before resetting the earbuds, try turning them off and back on.
Another solution is turning off Bluetooth on the source device and turning it back on.
If the above suggestions do not help, follow the instructions below to reset the earbuds.
- First, go to the Bluetooth settings on the source device and forget the Indy Evo earbuds if they are already connected.
- Then manually power off the earbuds by holding the touch area on both buds for six seconds.
- Next, hold the touch area on both earbuds for ten seconds, powering them on and then off again.
- Next, place the earbuds in their charging case and ensure they show they are charging by the LEDs glowing red.
- Remove them from the case to automatically power them on. The earbuds will start flashing blue as a sign that they are pairing with each other before they can be available for pairing to the source device.
- Once the earbuds have synched, they will play a tone, and the left earbud will start flashing red and blue to show the earbuds are ready to pair with the source device.
Resetting Indy Evo Earbuds
How to Turn Solo Mode On and Off on Indy Evo
The solo mode is a feature that allows you to use only one earbud while the other remains powered off and in the charging case.
You can activate the feature by pairing the source device to the earbuds using the pairing procedure described above.
Then, place the earbud you are not using in the case. Audio will only be coming out of the earbud that remains in your ear.
The only downside of this feature is that you will lose some control features housed on the earbud you will not be using.
You can turn off solo mode by taking the earbud out of the case. It will automatically reconnect to the other earbud, and you can continue using both of them.
Enabling Solo Mode on Indy Evo Earbuds
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I put my Indy Evo in pairing mode?
- Answer: Place the buds in the charging case and ensure the LEDs are red.
- Then take them out and wait for a few seconds, and you will see the left earbud flash red and blue.
- You can also put them in pairing mode by holding the touch area for four seconds while the earbuds are turned on.
- Question: Why is my Indy Evo not pairing together?
- Answer: Various reasons could prevent the earbuds from pairing together, but there are a few solutions that will solve this problem.
- First, ensure that both buds are charged. Next, place them in the case and ensure the LEDs light red.
- Take out the earbuds from the case and wait a few seconds as they pair with each other. They will be blinking blue while they do this.
- You will know they have paired with each other when they play a tone, and only the left earbud flashes red and blue.
- If that does not work, consider factory resetting them.
Indy Evo earbuds are a great choice from the Skullcandy earbud lineup. They have excellent battery life and versatile controls housed on the buds, meaning you won’t have to take out your phone to perform various functions.
Additionally, you can download the Skullcandy app and enjoy even more controls and features tailoring the buds specifically for you.
If you have further questions about the pairing process, check the Skullcandy Indy Evo pairing page for answers. Contact their customer support for more detailed instructions through their representatives.